Campeigning against myself

So I am diagnosed with social anxiety but I don't see a therapist anymore (just a psychiatrist who throws prescriptions at my problems). Now I kept getting this whole "Dude, your self-esteem is really low". But my friend, however, he has very high self-esteem and he has many physcial attributes that would make you think otherwise. He has this weird way of approaching society and it's one that gives him unwanted attention. Now I'm not saying it's one of those: "In five days, you will have gone through 3 relationships, enough friends to bail you out of a murder indictment, and so many friend requests on Facebook that they erase your profile because they think you're a bot". It's just an approach. It's the campeign against yourself strategy.

With social anxiety, I feel the pressure with every look. Especially with girls, I get that masculine feeling of "impress them". But what if I just didn't. What if I campeigned against myself? Not in a "stand up and yell how insecure you are" but in a "Don't ask me what we should see. I rather not go through with choices". It sounds like a punch in the gut to your own self but what if you did with a tone funny yet serious enough to get the point through. If no one ever saw us, I know we would always act like our true selves...unfortunately we are always being watched. The least we could do for ourselves is just stop taking on responsibilities that we cannot live with. Imagine all that pressure and being in a relationship. It's not worth running into people that think we something we are not because we are too afraid to failing that image.

At a bus station, an old drunk came up to me once. He was sober but a bit out of his mind. I don't remember how we got it but he asked me to guess his age. I said "23" to joke around but he was serious when he replied: "That's how you remain an untouchable. Never to take anything too serious. It puts you on a whole different level."