Build up, let down issue.

How often do you experience building yourself up, only to get let down either by someone, something, or inevitably, yourself? Also, how hard is it for you?

I ask because today I was out and about doing the weekend crap with my mother, and I planned on getting my hair cut today. Only to show up like ten minutes before closing, which mind you was plenty of time. The girl saw us park, and ran her little butt to the Open sign to turn it off. Way to let me down, and totally piss me off. The worst part, is if it were that close to closing, I'd probably do the same. Personally, I do it more to myself than anyone else does to me. I expect too much of people, and I get too anxious, obviously. I'd rather be let down by others than myself, at least then I would know that it was more out of my power than when I do it.

So let's talk about it. How seriously do you take let downs, regardless of who they are caused by?

Kustamogen

Banned
wow I thought I got let down easily lol

I get let down by friends that say theyll hang out or something (since I cant go to them usually)....then something "pops up".....thats where I usually get let down.

It didn't devastate me or anything, lol. Just worked my nerves. I have always had a security attachment to my hair, it was like three feet and I hid well behind it until I chopped it all off last year, so hair cuts are just more anxious for me. Most of my let downs are the same as you, when friends come up with reasons and can't hang out.