Botox

thelostworld

i'm thinking about getting botox...i've heard that it sort of freezes your facial muscles so you can't frown..has anyone else thought about this?

despise

haha no. botox...god...the only times ive ever thought about botox was when its been in magazines about celebrities getting it and everything. i dont really understand it...i always thought of it as in the same topic as plastic surgery. i didnt think it would help people. but who knows? it might do good. but isnt it heaps expensive?

redstream

thelostworld. Try just relaxing your facial muscles. Relaxation techniques are essential in coping with SP and it helps to change your posture. Because if you feel relaxed you look relaxed.

Miss_Brown

Using botox for hyperhydrosis

I heard that Botox works for hyperhydrosis...another disorder I have that causes you to sweat profusely...uuuugh...does it get any worse! The draw back is that it is painful to get the injections in your armpit. I often wonder if my anxiety causes the hyperhydrosis...but I wouldn't wish either on my worst enemy!

IcanDoIt

redstream said:
thelostworld. Try just relaxing your facial muscles. Relaxation techniques are essential in coping with SP and it helps to change your posture. Because if you feel relaxed you look relaxed.
totally agreed. i dont know how to emphasize it..

yah, there was a lady that i know who frowns a lot, and those frown marks begin to appear..

she went botox, the marks are gone..heheh..

well, maybe it works..:)

LittleMissScareAll

I will probably get it when I get older, because I fear getting old and if I possibly have the money to spare someday, I want lots of work done.

missy

i always watch plastic surgury before and after and botox isnt too expensive i mean compared to like nose jobs and implants..its like $300-$500

steveparker

hey i had botox on my armpits today and it wasnt really painfull, I couldnt feel some of the injections and the others felt like pin pricks.

I have stopped sweating already and my anxiety has reduced already.
This is the happiest day of my life.

If was expensive though as I did it privatly and not on the NHS.