Blushing

Dave109

I don't know if this counts as blushing but my cheeks are constantly pink, it's like a stain. I'm taking Rosacea tablets for it at the moment but they don't seem to be working. :(

msleesa

I blush, and then sweat. At least i think Im blushing, either that or i am turning very pale, but probably blushing because the tops of my hands get red. I have had this happen while standing in grocery checkouts amd had to leave the line. pretend like i forgot something. But by that time my mind is so flustered I know I look like an idiot, and just want to drop everything and run from the place. People must think Im having a stroke or am on speed or something, it's so embarassing. I also get this thing where i cannot move right. If I try to turn my head. or move my arms. they shudder.Not shake. but I cant move smoothly, I think my muscles are tensing up .like , if you tense all the muscles in your head and neck and then turn it, you can feel the shaking. I have never been on meds, only looking to try natural remedies right now. One I have ordered that sounds very promising is a milk peptide called "Casein hydrosylate" It is one I have found that has actually been proven. I am awaiting it now, and will post after I try it.

ghanditalk2

Hello everybody,
I guess it helps to know im not alone. I'm scared to death of blushing.I think about it 24-7. it would be hard to choose between jumping in shark infested waters while bleeding or standing in front of my class blushing. i know that this fear is caused from the fear of blushing itself, which sucks because i can't not think about it. I have seen a "shrink" about this and she put me on lexapro. she was pretty quick to do so which i thought odd, maybe she just wanted to get me off her hands because she didn't take me seriously. i have been on the meds for about a year, on and off. I definatley don't like the side affects which are, spacing out, not caring about important things, slower refelxes (like when driving). so basically i wish i didn't have to take the meds. i like being med free. i have tried meditating twice daily and taking vitamin B everyday but it doesn't work. life would be so much easier without this problem. I wish i knew what it was handle everyday issues without the added fear and anexiety.In a way i want to find a cure and help everybody else with this problem because i know how bad it is. i don't think anyone would really understand the pain unless you have had this fear before. i want to face my fears one day, but i am so afraid.Maybe i will once im out of high school. :!: its hard for a guy to admit when hes afraid of something like this. if you have any others suggestions please fill me in and if i find something that works ill let you know. Good luck everybody!

p.s. my nick name i choose is kind of ironic huh?

Pitrus

Yeah that topic is not unfamiliar to me. Its taking a great tool on my life. I consider myself a person that is over confident or more confident then most people. I know the pain very well couse i have a great potential in me i cant let out and exploit. I had to resign from going to gym, i love weight lifting, for about a year i lived with my mind and focus mainly on the gym, i couldnt continue anymore since it worsened m blushing alot.
School is even harder since im smart and have alot to say but cant becouse of the frustration that comes after the episode. I notice alot of ppl around me that have that problem too but their problem isnt any close to boeing as bad as mine, its like im 10 and they are in about 2.

prince1

Man i hate blushing, i think its worse in 1 on 1 situations because its not like theres loadz of people watching you but just one so i think the person talking too you feels kind of strange :oops: I also blush in 1 on 1 situations when i feel like my eyes are gonna water, i think to myself dont water PLEASE DONT GOD DAMN WATER, they dont but it turns me god damn red cos it panics me.

megs34

BLUSHING

I am sooo happy that I found this site! I have suffered with facial blushing for a few years now, I'm almost 19. I absolutely hate it, I've always felt like I was the only one who experienced it, because everyone I knew never blushed like I did. Just about anything triggers my blushing. I can just be sitting in class, and all of a sudden start thinking to myself that people are staring at me even though they aren't, and then I start blushing uncontrollably. Also, one on one conversations make me blush too, especially with my boss at work. Work sucks with this problem. I work in a grocery store so I'm always surrounded by people, and I continuously blush, especially when people catch me off guard. And when I start blushing I keep thinking about how red I'm turning, and it just gets worse and worse, until I go outside or cool off or something. I hate this sooooo much, I feel like it's controlling my life. Does anyone have any advice? Thanks.

Pitrus

ANy advice. checj this forum out it has alot more about blushing in it then this one http://www.esfbchannel.com/phpBB2/

there are few tricks and tips for blushing but nothing is gone help u fully.
but diferent things help diferent people so just research some forums and try things out and hopfully something is gone help you.

fizzie

I have been blushing since primary school and I am now at college. It got worse as I got older because I feel as if people are judging the way I look when they are talking and looking at me. I am quite confident around certain people but I am very self-consicous about myself and when I get home from college I just think for ages all the embarrasing stuff I have done through the day and it makes me blush and get embarrased. I am sick of it because it's stopping me from performing as I want to be a musician and I would of loved to do drama but I can't. Can anyone help? Is it just something you have for life if you are naturally not confident?

Butterflies

Blushing makes me feel soooooooo self conscious!

Blushing is one of the first things that started to make me feel soooooo self-conscious. Sometimes I'd rather die than have to endure the embarrassment.

It got so bad - I couldn't even face my own mother without blushing. It got worse and worse.

Over the last couple of years I've seen huge improvement! Yippee! It wasn't easy and it took me about 12 months to start getting it under control - I had to change some things, but it did help me heaps. Here a few pointers.

1. Every time you think about yourself blushing (replaying it into your head) say stop! So what if I blush. It doesn't make people like me any less. In fact alot of people find blushing attractive. I then try and stop thinking about it by doing something else.

2. Excerise. exercose it gets rid of the extra adreneline.
3. Reduce stimulating foods and drink

These are 3 tips that helped me ... there are more but you can't do it all at once!

ooSOULCRYoo

1. Every time you think about yourself blushing (replaying it into your head) say stop! So what if I blush. It doesn't make people like me any less. In fact alot of people find blushing attractive. I then try and stop thinking about it by doing something else.

I never knew about this condition until I came to this forum. But yeah.. like you said, it won't make ppl dislike you. It's actually rea~lly cute when ppl blush. Im jealous.. When ppl blush, it makes them look jolly and healthy. One question though, when you blush does ur whole face turn pink or just ur cheeks and chin or where ever?

sidney

well my whole face goes betroot and i feel like its gunna explode then people will find it very UNattractive so they will then like me less it sucks i really hate it wen i blush stops me from doing lots of stuff :(
any other tips on blushing?

desperate

redlady said:
I blush a lot as well, but i wear makeup so noone can actually see it when it's happening. Although i still have to deal with the effects of it - heated up face and body, it still makes it a little easier knowing they can't see it.
I saw on this medical show the story of this woman who suffered from it and she got an operation to stop it. I don't know the precise mechanics of it only that the doctors clipped/cut something-?-under her armpits that stopped her from blushing.

Hun, what kind of make up do you use that covers it up so well??? I'd love to use it.

doogiebklyn

The blushing is the worse thing for me, too. To not be able to hide my feelings and everyone knowing how I feel. What do you think is more embarrassing, when other people who you blush in front of get uncomfortable from your reaction, or them teasing and making fun of you?

My therapy has helped me realize that having SA is not my fault. It's a neurological disease and I don't have it becuse I'm a bad person. Wellbutrin, Effexor, and Ativan has helped, too.

Douglas

-Andrew-

Wow, seems like a lot of people share this with me. I usually get it right after work my face goes beat red over nothing. I'm always warm, I'm in a t shirt while everyone is in jackets. I also try to cover it up by wearing shorts and a t-shirt on the coldest days, just to bring the redness down. my sister tells me to turn on the heat, but I just say I like it off.

I go for lunch with the boss and employees, and as soon as I order I go red and it wont go away, for no reason, i don't really feel embarrass or nevus to ask for a beer..

Dose my face just go red because of anxiety?

Butterflies

Hi - update on what I do for blushing....

The last month I've been really slack with exercise and I've been drinking more coffee and alcohol lately...

Guess What ... I'm at this cafe and this guy asked me my name. I fully blushed - so much so he said "hey you're going red".

So guess I should follow my own advice: :oops:

jyjylah

Like most other people have said, it's great to find out that I'm not alone with this thing.

I'm an 18 year old male now and I've always been a fairly shy person but I rather just keep to myself. And I started blushing really young, I remember just everyone talking and looking at me telling eachother how red I was going, and I start to sweat a lot when I blush and they start talking about that too - it's so hard (even though I know there's nothing to get so worked up about!)

I go red even with best friends 1 on 1 when I might suddenly think of something or say something stupid... It's so hard my good friends don't really care though and they know that I blush easy.. but they still talk about it if I'm talking to someone else and go red and they make jokes...

I'd love to try and get my voice out there but I just can't take it, and doing any sort of social talking just kills me even though i know it shouldnt

I always work myself up by trying not to care about it but deep down I'm always worried that I'll blush.

Chilling__Echo said:
Who all has problems with blushing?? i thought it was all SAers but after a while i relailzed it wasn't everyone... plus it's been a while since i'd seen a post about it on here. but that's my MAIN PROBLEM. all my fears go back to it...

matter of fact i can remember the first time i ever remember blushing, i was in elemetary school and i got a bf and he walked in the room one day and everyone started looking at me and teasing me and then everyone was telling my face was turning red... weird b/c i didn't start having problems with SA until about three years later.

I do. I try to control it but i can't and other ppl notice as well. They are like you are blushing and that gets me even hotter :(.

AnxiousMedic

I know this problem exactly. I have it happen in any situation where I am nervous, anxious, angry, or embarrassed. it's very difficult. I turn red all over my neck and chest and my face too. My neck is the worst part because it gets all blotchy and extremely noticeable.
I know some of you have said "blushing is cute." Well, not mine. It looks like a damn rash. I find myself sitting in my car with the a/c blowing as cold as I gan get it to try and cool down and then as soon as I'm talking with someone or thinking about anything that gets me anticipating my next breakout... I get red again. It's a cycle.
I have become so afriad of it happening that it controls much of what i do and where I go. I find myself checking the mirror in my car before going inside of anywhere to make sure I'm not all blotchy.
Strangely enough it doesnt tend to happen when dealing socially with women in a bar setting or somewhere where it's not one on one. But if we're out to dinner alone and she is looking right at me and talking to me and asking questions....sometimes I turn red. I hate it. I wish there was some way to not worry about it.

nikole

Strangely enough it doesnt tend to happen when dealing socially with women in a bar setting or somewhere where it's not one on one. But if we're out to dinner alone and she is looking right at me and talking to me and asking questions....sometimes I turn red. I hate it. I wish there was some way to not worry about it.[/quote]

i know exactly what you mean i can handle being out and talking to guys or if we are walking along but if i am in a situation when it is one on one i cant handle it........even if they are just asking what i did that day

does anyone find that if your having a conversation and someone brings up the word "blushing" or "going red" in there story you start to do it?