Blushing

NevecLP

well i like hiking but because of blushing i can never do a proper trip, i also run out of breath when this happens.

Minorthreat126

I've been suffering from facial blushing since the 6th grade (I'm 20 now). It is definatly something that can greatly limit your life if you are willing to let it. Looking back at it my best advice to you would be try not to let it take control of your life. I let that happen to me and in high school I had so many missed opportunities with girls, friends, and just social interactions in general. I mean I know it seems like the worst thing in the world especially when you know your face is bright red and theres a room of people just starring at you, or your in public and people comment on it. But life could be so much worse you're still a healthy individual with your whole life ahead of you. I always look at it this way; when im 50 do I want to look back and realize I missed out on EVERYTHING just because of the fact that my face turns red? I say everything because i literally never left my room except to go to school. Or do i want to look back and say hey it sucked that I have this condition but I made the best of it. Theres always going to be people who are going to make fun of you for it and think its weird. On the other hand though theres people (girls too) who arent bothered by it and will just accept you for you. those are the people you want to surround yourself with anyways. I am no where near cured from this problem but Its definatly gotten easier as i've gotten older. i think a lot of it has to do with gaining life experience which boosts your confidence. It still controls a large part of my life especially when it comes to school. One of my biggest fears is being called on in class. Its all over after that my face goes bright red and I lose all train of thought. But one day I hope to have control over it and I wont stop trying until then.

NothingElseMatters

i missed lots opportunities of blushing too.i think is the main cause of my current anxiety.i don't have it so often now, but it has caused lots of damage.try not to think of it all the time cause the more you do the worse it becomes.just let it be.i think the only thing that we can do about blushing except sergury,is too accept it.[/quote]

GloomySunday

Although it's difficult, try to make light of it when it happens. Don't let it take your life over.

Personally speaking, I'm a straight guy...if I was talking to a girl who was blushing I would think it was charming. It wouldn't bother me at all. It really wouldn't.

If you can relax just a little and maybe make a light hearted comment about it when it happens, it can take the fear out of it. This is important because it sounds like you're beginning to get caught in the anxiety loop. At first you'd blush because of genuinely embarrassing or stressful things, but now you may be blushing because you're worried about blushing!

It's a cycle that can be broken. It takes time and determination but you can do it.

I have to laugh at myself all the time...it's taken years of practice :)

lizzz

I'm planning on getting botox for blushing soon. I know it's a temporary thing - and probably harmful in the long term, but I think that if I could get rid of the fear of blushing I could act more sociable and hopefully get in a position where I can act social out of habit.

I can never say anything 'bold' because of my blushing - can never approach people and initiate friendships. I think these first impressions tell people how to treat you - it is a very limiting thing.

I have sensitive skin - which I've read is 'prone to blushing'. I sometimes wonder if I'd have developed SA if not for this physical problem. I think I probably would to be honest - but maybe not as bad.