Blood Pressure Medicine and OCD

Griff40

Hello- Been lurking for a while and this is a great forum. I would like to tell my story and hope you all can help.

I have had ocd for almost 20 years. Well, maybe almost all my life but was diagnosed in high school. Anyway, up until two years ago I could pretty much deal with it. However, I was diagnosed with high blood pressure (also have diabetes) at that time and was put on blood pressure medication. Ever since then my ocd has been totally out of control. I have very bad intrusive thoughts that just won't go away, my anxiety is totally out of control, and I can't control my ocd at all. This is making my life unbearable and I cannot stand it. I have been put on lisinopril and Norvasc for my blood pressure. I was first on metaprolol and a diurectic and it seems that those two started it all. I am still on those other two but it's not gotten any better. My question is-can high blood pressure cause ocd to get worse and enhance all the symptons to monstrous proportions? Is anyone else here on blood pressure meds and did they do this to them? Thanks