Beta Blockers ?

nick_

Hello, i'm new in here. I'd like to ask a couple of questions and i'd really appreciate a little info.

well, i've been a social phobic all my life. a real one. i never had any friends, even dropped out of school because of this thing. my family think i'm normal and they keep accusing me of being a loser all the time. well haha, i'm not.

anyway, the hatred i have for myself is massive. %90 of the time, the thing on my mind is how much i hate sex, because it made me. when i go outside, i put on my sun glasses, (or some stupid hat which totally covers my eyes) and feel like i'm from some other planet. i'm sure most of you's are familiar with the feeling.

anyway, i'm a musician and i perform infront of the audience (i mean like, can you believe that ? :eek: ). don't get any ideas, it's like hell. i used some stuff like "stablon", "paxil", "cipralex" etc. for months and i don't see how they help people. all they did to me was giving me a weird feeling in my guts. they certainly didn't help me.

so, i heard about beta blockers. i don't exactly know what they do, but do you think they'll be helpful for me on stage ? my heart literally goes crazy and i need to stop it to act normal. i literally can't control my functions. i have been using alcohol but it doesn't help either because i can't concentrate on music, i can't even see my instrument clearly. i get like this when girls talk to me, or when i'm in crowded places. But on stage, it's so bad, it's absolute torture.

so ;

- what exactly do beta blockers do ?
- do you have to use it for months to expect something ?
- is there anything else you'd like to advice me ? anything else i can do before going on stage ?

thanks in advance...

Last edited: