Best Books for Self-help

GettingThere

Hello Folks,
I have found two books to be of real help to me in regards to rationalising my thought processes more effectively to deal with S P and stress in my life in general. I can't recall the name of one which I loaned to a friend whom I haven't seen for quite a while.
The other is a book by Dale Carnegie (of "How to win friends and influence people" fame) titled "How to stop worrying and start living".
There is some really good stuff in this book.
I would be interested to know of books which other S P sufferers have found to be of use in their life. :)

all_better_now

I saw a book once and even though I didn't read it, I took something from it's title.

The title was "What you think of me is none of my business".

cody2468

I have got the book feel the fear but do it anyway but I haven't read it yet. I love self help books and want to read diagionally parked in a parrallel world. Something like that. Have heard alot about it.

Have also read
Being Happy
Making Friends
Challenge to change

There is also a book which helps you to overcome social anxiety and you get a little workbook with it but I can't remember the name. I saw it on another forum.

Anonymous

Burns: "Feeling Good Handbook" -- Great.
Carlson: "You can feel good again"
Butler: "Overcoming social anxiety and shyness"
Markway: "Dying of embarrassment"
Dutter: "Shy Guy's Guide to Dating."

Anonymous

Self-Help Book

The best book I've found so far is The Anxiety and Phobia Workbook by Edmund J. Bourne.

GettingThere

THis one is apparently very good (just read a review from another SA site);

"The Shyness & Social Anxiety Workbook", by Drs. Martin M. Antony and Richard P. Swinson

GettingThere

cody2468 said:
I have got the book feel the fear but do it anyway but I haven't read it yet. I love self help books and want to read diagionally parked in a parrallel world. Something like that. Have heard alot about it.

"Diagonally-Parked in a Parallel Universe : Working Through Social Anxiety"by Signe A. Dayhoff

Mici

Anonymous said:
Butler: "Overcoming social anxiety and shyness"

i'm sure there's lots of other good books too, but this was the book that helped me the most - I would recommend it to anyone. It's important to work through it systematically, and to do the exercises, rather than just read it through once.