"Being yourself", alpha males, etc.

panicsurvivor

The term alpha male and others are just distinctions of personality based on pack animals. They are completely true. It's not that complicated, it is just the personality type that you are. It is in no way a social distinction. Jocks are not alpha males. Some athletes are beta and lower. Its just how you interact. The very Idea that one group would be all alphas, is funny. Who would lead? :D Also the Idea that women find Alpha males more attractive is even funnier. I am a textbook alpha male. And I have been beaten out by the others many times. There are some woman who have a natural aversion to alpha males. Think about it, do you really think that women don't like the soft spoken charming guy. Looks and muscles and being a leader are good things to have when you are trying to meet ladies, but they by far not the only things that women like.:cool::cool:

Captain_Lethargy

There are some woman who have a natural aversion to alpha males. Think about it, do you really think that women don't like the soft spoken charming guy. Looks and muscles and being a leader are good things to have when you are trying to meet ladies, but they by far not the only things that women like.:cool::cool:

That would imply that people are unique and don't conform to stereotypes. :rolleyes: Seriously, though, you are completely right.

I think I actually have a surprisingly positive attitude about this sort of thing in general, but I don't have the opportunity to put those ideas into practice (I live in an area with very little going for it, and I can't really move without securing a job somewhere else), so I end up getting stuck in these sorts of "mental loops" that emphasize negative attitudes, because all I can do is think about this stuff, rather than act. Well, I am making a few changes, but progress is much slower than I would like.

Fighter86

I'd rather e a nice guy and single than an ******* that is a nightmare to lie with. Why do woman find gutter trash men more tolerable than nice guys? Is getting ignored, abused, lied to, used et al so appealing? I will never be able to comprehend why women cling to these "men".

I don't, but all the men I meet seem to fall somewhat in this category. Having said that, I have little choice to choose. I do not have the confidence nor know how to persue a guy I might gunuienly like, so I am always stucked with those who persue me who always turn out to be *******s.

Kiwong

Out in the wild, the alpha male is the first one to mate with the females, not the only one. He is also the first one who gets to eat, but that doesn't mean that the other members of the pack doesn't get their share as well. If an alpha chimp deprives the other males of their right to f*** or eat, then he'll be overthrown.

I beat off the other males alpha at the Roast Chicken vestibule at the supermarket, always the first to eat. It's wild in there.

slapstick

its BS..jus an excuse so-called nice guys use bcos of sexual fustration...ima nice guy and so are about 100 % of males I know personally. u r right in using that term wuss bcos thats what it is..not physical wussiness jus a mental mental one..Ima bit of a jock myself and am offended that u would assume that jocks_alpha males are looked at in that light..alpha males are not the only *******s..Ive been put down by so-called geeks who think they're smarter than me{I)