Being the Butt of the Joke

I've made attempts to befriend people many times. Either I'm rejected right away, or they pretend to be friendly, and only later I find out that it was an elaborate game and I've been the butt of the joke all along.

Has this happened to anyone else? Insights?

mrb

in situations like that its hard to turn it around but not impossible , if these people mean anything to you meaning you would like to be freinds with them , just say hey come on guys im shy but dont take the mic , cos its really pissing me off , sometimes you have to make a stand lol ... but to be honest people like that are prob only having a laugh dont take it to personaly ... just try to join in , do the same back lol ... iv been there years ago , you just have to find a little confidence in yourself , its there , its just bringing it out thats hard , but not impossible ;)

Ironic indeed. That's another thing I've always wondered, what criteria is used by people to determine who is automatically considered a loser?

Ironic indeed. That's another thing I've always wondered, what criteria is used by people to determine who is automatically considered a loser?

Different people, different criteria though I'd think that most people will judge almost purely from what their culture and mass media tell them despite their belief to the contrary.

For myself, it's the person's character that determines his or her worth.

stephen

I remember my very first day of school when I was like four and a half. I was in the playground and a group of girls approached me. They asked me a question that I thought unusual but didn't think much of it and answered them. Then they broke out laughing and walked off making fun of my speech. Only after did it occur to me that they only spoke to me in the first place for the sole reason of making fun of me. I was just like what the hell?? I had no idea who they were and they spoke to me for the sole reason of mocking me? I guess that was one of my early introductions to the fact that some people are just arse holes.

garry29

Ye, I got a lot of stick for speaking spanish when I moved to england but I didn't care as I couldn't understand them.