Beer drunkness

allanboy

I guess booze counts as a (self) medication/treatment. I got this question later today. What are the best beers to drink? Like, which gets you drunk quicker, which costs less, if any got side effects.

I personally like to start with martini so then i can actually enjoy the taste of a beer can.

Chilling__Echo

haha, i actually don't drink b/c i'm afraid that i'll make a fool out of myself and i don't enjoy the environment of parties and such since i'm not old enough to buy it myself.

black_mamba

allanboy said:
I guess booze counts as a (self) medication/treatment. I got this question later today. What are the best beers to drink? Like, which gets you drunk quicker, which costs less, if any got side effects.

I personally like to start with martini so then i can actually enjoy the taste of a beer can.

Um, how old are you man? I don't wanna be qiving advice away to someone whos not ready for drinking to excess.

Well, its pretty well known that spirits are by far the quickest way to get drunk (beer takes forever).

Maybe a glass of bleach will help fade the memories. :lol:

Scottish_Player

i very seldom drink, but when i do drink i dont drink to get drunk i drink to get that merry/happy kind of feeling you know when you just feel the drink starting to work. i never get totaly drunk as i dont like the feeling of not being in control of myself, but to answer your question alot of people i know drink Stella Artois which i think is because it gets you drunk quickly :roll: when i do drink i like Millers or Southern Comfort yum yum.

black_mamba

According to the hip kids I work with, going to any suburban bar/nightclub results in the consumption of copious amounts of shots. Buy 2 get 6 free I think the offer was.

No comment. :eek:

Farrizle

quick question,is alcohol in anyway bad for u if u do have anxiety.i mean obviously completely self-medicating with alcohol (ie. alcoholism) is crazy & very dangerous,but does drinkin have any negative reprocutions?

annie

allanboy said:

Do you really want to go down that road to numb yourself with booze :?:
It will only help you in the short term, but in the long term you will suffer the consequences, so I would be careful if I were you

High alcohol consumption makes you more sensitive to stress.
Chronic abuse of alcohol ís often associated with depression-like symptoms, which can reduce the ability to solve problems, which ín turn can lead to anxiety...do you want more anxiety?
Excessive alcohol consumption can lead to poor work performance, relationship difficulties & financial difficulties. This can produce stressors that worsen anxiety.

annie's two cents worth :)

allanboy

hmm, so are there anything that works like alcohol but doesnt give all those bad consequences?

Scottish_Player

allanboy said:
hmm, so are there anything that works like alcohol but doesnt give all those bad consequences?

Kava give alchohol like effects, do you know the way when you start drinking alchohol and you feel the effects of it coming on and its feels nice and relaxed, well thats what Kava does. The only problem is that its a horrible taste to drink but on the good side you only need a small cupfull.

I got mine from here http://www.kickbackwithkava.com/kava_USA_order_form.htm and i bought the Kava sampler which has three diffrent kinds, i also bought the kava pills but they where total crap.

allanboy said:
hmm, so are there anything that works like alcohol but doesnt give all those bad consequences?[/quote

Klonopin, a benzodiazepine, is in the same class of medications as alcohol (tranquilizers). Klonopin may be what you are looking for.

Scottish_Player

taws said:
doesnt kava supposedly destroy the liver? i rememebr reading an article about that when i was researching whther or not to take it. but then again alcohol destroys it too so what am i saying. bottoms up

I dont think there has been many cases of it destroying liver althouh i have read stuff about it, i think there are very very few cases and the goverment here in the UK have banned it just to be on the safe side but yet they still make tobaco legal :roll: when its a know killer lol thats goverments for ya :roll:

The people in The pacific have been using it for centuries and they have no problems with it, it only causes damage to liver if it is over used. The only other problem with it is trying to drink it :lol: it tastes like muddy herbal water :wink:

Nytro

having one or two beer at a party cant hurt, it makes you feel good for the moment. But its a downer it slows down your thought process, the good side it keeps your mind of the anxiety but its a F'n double edged sword! When you wanna talk to ppl it can make you less witty or sly in your small talk.

Beer, eh never liked the taste will drink light beers but prefer the hard stuff myself. But never over do it or the next day will be ruined. 6 hrs for 24hrs doesnt sound like a good trade off to me.

serenity

nerdgirl178 said:
anyone smoke weed?

I'd love to. But my SP prevents me from getting some. I'd prefer weed over alcohol on any lonely saturday night.. Would spare me the hangover on Sunday..

WhiskeyJack

I usually go out and have two quick pints(Budweiser usually, but im not too fussy) to settle myself and feel a bit more relaxed....it does help me to enjoy myself but the line between feeling good and getting drunk is very fine and i ususally cross it.

Besides the obvious bad feelings that come with hang-overs, there is also the cringing flashbacks the next day when you remember what you have said/done. Having said this, there ARE times when drink does help(me anyway) and i am at my most relaxed and enjoy myself most.