Be Better

Finally

Wouldn't everything be better for us if we just didn't give a sh.t? Isn't that how most people who don't suffer with social anxiety get by? Why do we care so much about other people? Its our world, they are just living in it.

Angkorwat

Extroverts have more confidence in themselves and need to voice their opinions. When something happens to them they don't usually blame themselves but rather blame other people. As an introvert myself I see my mistakes as my own and am learning to not put myself down for making mistakes as it is human nature. I care way too much about what others think of me and I don't think extroverts think that way.

razzle dazzle rose

I only get that feeling after coming out of a particularly bad depressive episode. It is like "f*ck everybody. I don't care anymore" which is very freeing. But it only lasts a couple days. The kind of person I am, I internalize everything. I feel too much. It is not good for me. I need to learn to distance myself from these feelings. They are not an accurate representation of reality. (I am just repeating things I have read. Trying to soak the info.) But yes, this is our world, our life, the only one we will get.

mixedupgirl

Wouldn't everything be better for us if we just didn't give a sh.t? Isn't that how most people who don't suffer with social anxiety get by? Why do we care so much about other people? Its our world, they are just living in it.

Yes things would be a lot better for me if I didn't give a sh.t about what people think of me, a part of me doesn't but its that negative voice in my head that just never shuts up, its always there and always louder then the reassuring positive voice. I know I over think and over analyze everything and as I am thinking the negative voice is present for every thought like a BIG BULLY with a megaphone. The good thing is though, that I have come to realise that i do have a positive voice... when I have been feeling like there's no hope, i have heard the positive voice chirp up and that's what really helps, it gives me hope that things will improve.

I need to work on my false beliefs about myself in order to improve my self esteem and I have to make the effort to do the things I avoid while all the while trying not to over think. It's hard but I have come an awful long way in these last few years. I definitely think that years of educating myself on SA has helped me come a long way and helped me realise what I need to work on to get better. We all deserve to be here as much as anyone else and we are all just as important.