Band and/or drum corps ?

NormanBates

Have any people here participated in their high school band or any such organization? I know one of the highlights of my high school days was participating in the school's musical organization.
I know that such organizations are very good for being social as well as developing musical skill.

I myself played trumpet and took a lot of pleasure in attending football games even though I had no interest in the sport. It was always fun being in the bleachers talking nonsense and playing tunes as well as the bus rides.
Obviously preferred marching season here.

I enjoyed watching the drum corps in the past but it's been a while since

I myself played trumpet and took a lot of pleasure in attending football games even though I had no interest in the sport. It was always fun being in the bleachers talking nonsense and playing tunes as well as the bus rides.
Obviously preferred marching season here.
I can totally relate to this. I played piccolo in my high school marching band, and I loved it- I almost wish I could have gone to a college with a marching band. I was probably the most "social" within this group as well, especially as a junior/senior- mostly with the underclassmen, I was never comfortable with those in my same grade level. I wish I could find something similar that I could get involved with now to meet people and use my musical talent/skills in some way.

frankielouise

I play tenor saxophone in my high school Riverside Jazz band (RSJ) and Senior Wind Band (SWB), we are going to Paris on a tour on the 17th of july and I am so excited!
Without SWB and RSJ I wouldn't have got as many friends as I have got; I also wouldn't have come out of my shell as much because being the only tenor saxophone player in the school means that I am very exposed and have to have the confidence to play without the rest of the bands at times.