Awkward Around Awkward People?

rosewood

i dont mind quiet people, i just worry that my blathering on and on will possibly bother them. i wind up saying something like, oh i am talking too much, and wait to see if they change the subject or something.

MistMoon

Since I am socially awkward, I feel like I should have a better understanding of how to act around other socially awkward people; but the opposite seems to be true. I feel really, really awkward around other awkward people. It's like not knowing how to act, times ten. Does anyone else feel this way?

I'm pretty awkward around people I don't know very well. Even though I'm introverted, I feel like I get along better with extroverts, oddly enough! So you're not alone.

Not that I'm going to accept an invitation to go partying since that kind of thing terrifies me, but talking to outgoing people is just easier because they do all the talking, and I enjoy doing the listening. They also help encourage me to talk more, and keep the conversation going.

Around shy people, I act MUCH more shy. I feel pressured to continue the conversation and dread an awkward silence. It's just uncomfortable!

montejocarlo

When I come across a fellow awkward person my sympathy neurons? lol :idontknow: start firing and my desire to help them to feel "less awkward" in the conversation kicks in.
Some confidence comes out of nowhere because of the strong instinct to help the awkard person.:idontknow:

same here. i guess i'm condescending that way. or maybe i just really want to help. i hope it's the latter.