Avert Users Question

Scott81

I have just turned 30 and have been suffering from terrible facial hh since I was about 14. I had minimal success trying Driclor and Odaban - then stumbled across Avert.

In the first week of using it, I have narrowed down that for it to work, I need up to 4 x 2mg pills in the morning. I am amazed at the results I am seeing and can overcome some dry mouth issues (they pale in comparison).

However - I ate lunch and within 20 minutes, sweat dripping down my face. How do you get by....not eating? I am thinking about getting the avert facial wipes as a backup, especially since I am finding it takes a good 2 hours before I see the pills working. I am a diabetic and cannot go without food.

Anyone had this issue?

margiehope

Hey Scott!

Not sure I can be helpful, but here are some thoughts.

You say you've been taking "up to" 8 mg Avert in the morning. I was instructed that was the maximum dose, and should be in divided doses.j

I wonder if taking a bit less in the a.m. and 1 pill some time before lunch would help. I'm a diabetic too, so understand that we can't go long times without eating. Don't think the food made you sweat. I'm OK as long as I take Avert at least an hour before eating--but we all have to find our own patterns (which by the way will change from time to time, for no apparent reason.)

I started off with the topical glyco ("Secure" wipes, actually). They worked fine for my face, but I also had a really sweaty head--couldn't really wipe that. I still use them on occasion if it's really hot and humid, but have to remind myself that the body absorbs that way too, so try to keep the total dose in mind.

Good luck!

Scott81

I was a bit worried about the dosage myself, but found that 2 x 2mg pills in the morning had near no effect on me. I might give that another try - just went through a full day today on the 4 x 2mg tablets in the morning with no stress at all, was a great day. Having said that - I skipped lunch to test out my theory on food.

margiehope

Well, you've left yourself room for 3x2 in the morning--more if you need it later.

But I'll play Mom--you can't be skipping meals!

Let us know how it goes!