Avert Dosage

jennarb

what dosage of glycopyrrolate (oral) do you take daily?

i have found that i have to take at least 4 mg and that's on an empty stomach + i have to wait at least 4 hours to eat.

has anyone found that they can eat while taking this med, maybe with a higher dosage?

margiehope

I take 4-6 mg, weather depending, but only wait an hour before eating--what my directions were. 4 hours sure is a long time to wait for food!

I asked in another thread if anyone took Glyco the night before, and if that worked. No answer, but I'll try that one again.

jennarb

yea four hours is a looooong time lol. that's why i had to ask. no one ever advised me on exactly how long i should wait before eating. ok, great, i'll try that dosage & eat a little sooner instead of starving all day and see how it goes! thanx

Noca

Banned
I take Nexium instead for my acid reflux if that is what your trying to treat. Ive never heard of this medication before.

margiehope

Yeah, what the pharmacy material told me was "2-8 mg/day in divided doses. Take one hour before or two hours after eating".

Glad you asked!

anxietyalways

i've been on avert for a couple weeks, taking 2mg in the early morning was working really well for me but now i am sweating a bit again. much less than before, but i dont like any sweat.

i take the 2mg at 7:30am and wait til about 10:30am to eat anything. it seems like maybe i should skip breakfast all together and only eat lunch around 1 or 2, but it certainly is a long time to go without eating. i've just found that on days where i don't eat much the medicine works much much better. so i guess it's double the dose, or don't eat. ugh.