Are we ever going to breakout of this disease?!?!

Anonymous

Just because we're social phobic does that mean it's just the way we are... or do we deserve better that this? i mean... to be almost fearless in public? are we ever going someday wake up and forget about having SP?? is being SP the way we should be for the rest of our lives? I get frustrated!!!!!!! :x

LilMissTragic

Now i'm getting older, after having SP for nearly 18 years, i have found that I'm not as fearful as I used to be. Yes, obviously I get bad days where i wont go out but I am now getting days where i can actually go on daytrips with my fiance...and get this, i had dinner in a restaurant for the first time in my entire life, so ok i was facing a wall but i was proud of myself and so was my fiance. On my bad days it does feel like i'm going to have SP forever but on my good days I get real optimistic. I'm hoping my good days will soon outweigh the bad. I hope that goes for all of you too.

Anonymous

That's just about exactly how I feel, LilMissTragic.
Just as you, I feel somewhat stronger emotionally, mentaly. I like the way you think positive. As I also have good and bad days I also hope the good ones will outweigh my bad. :)

Anonymous

Of course we deserve better than this. I doubt that any of us will just wake up one morning and forget all about SP, but if we keep trying and praying, we will all be free some day. There is nothing that can stop us as long as we are determined, and we have God on our side.