Approaching anxiety

unisucks

My therapist told me to approach women and I find it just way too hard.

I expect nothing. What can they do? They won't do anything to me because I approach them and say some random ****.

The worst thing they can do is to humiliate me, reject me and slap me in the face. I shouldn't care, but I still do, too much.

I went down to our university lawn where a bunch of people gathered. Anxiety took control and I ran away. Now I feel losing.

Does anyone have experience with this? Please help me :)

garry29

My therapist told me to approach women and I find it just way too hard.

I expect nothing. What can they do? They won't do anything to me because I approach them and say some random ****.

The worst thing they can do is to humiliate me, reject me and slap me in the face. I shouldn't care, but I still do, too much.

I went down to our university lawn where a bunch of people gathered. Anxiety took control and I ran away. Now I feel losing.

Does anyone have experience with this? Please help me :)

I don't know I always found alcohol worked for me. When I had friends at uni and wasn't a complete social cripple anyway. it's a good way to break the ice...pardon the pun.

Blaze

I'm in the same boat as you man. I haven't had the courage to approach a woman in forever. Even when they are showing interest in me I still cannot show anything back. I probably come off as just rude. ::(:

garry29

I think it's easier to approach women if you're with other guy mates who are single like you. This way you spur each other on and you're less bothered if you're rejected. My trouble is the few times I do go out as a group now I'm either in a mixed gender group or with guys in long term relationships.

bigrob

The problem I had was it took so much alcohol that by the time I spoke to them I was so sh*tfaced that no way in hell was I attractive. :D