Anyone tried the Audio therapy by Thomas A. Richards?

I bought the Dr. Richards tapes in 2001, and have used them on and off since then. They help a great deal. I'm planning on restarting them again today. But without the self-help group therapy I kinda give up on them. If there's anyone who wants to start an on-line group please e-mail me.

Yossarian

Isn't this site a kind of self help group? I really don't know as I've never been to one although I do like the sound of them. Hope it all goes well for you!

Ok, I created a new chat room for our on-line support group. Use mIRC (shareware/free), connect to EFNET, /join #social-anxiety. To obtain my list of mp3's, type in @ZeppHed, then using WinZip (shareware/free), unzip the .txt file. Copy and paste the mp3 u want to download (I use MS-DOS window with QuickEdit Mode On). The MS-DOS command I use is something like: FIND /I "richards" zepphe~1.txt|more

Let's get together and solve this problem.

jaded_blonde

I am going to start these tapes and a social anxiety group in a couple of weeks. The therapist told me that these tapes help alot. I hope it works for me

Anonymous

Computer illiterate!!

Thanks sabbath92001,

I tried to get into the IRC site. I am not to sure on now to get this.. I tried but nothing happened.

Could you send me the mp3 file through email?

Thanks!!!!!!

[email protected]

Mici

I agree - the tapes are excellent. However, you have to follow the instructions and work through them at the correct pace (one tape a week) and also do the exercises.
It also helps to have access to a self-help type of group - either with other people doing the tape course, or another group of social anxiety sufferers where you can practice things like conversations, talking, eye contact etc.