Anyone had a hard time adjusting to being an adult???

What has been a major difference for you when you adjusted from being a teen to being an adult??

• Got a job and went to college

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Dropped out of school and got a job

• Didn't work but went to school

• Other

• Total voters

Anonymous

i now exactly how you feel. im only 18, however, i still know that i am no way independent as others my age. due to my phobia ive never been out even to restaurant, let alone something more dramatic. ive never got a bus alone or any form of tranposrt, never been anywhere alone infact. the things people do automatically, ive never tried and so fear those too because when i am forced to do them, others will have carried the tasks out for years!! there is no way to escape. i know that i should try, but i just get so anxious, also im loosing my friends so the opportunites to try are disappearing :(

specula

im also turning 20 this year, in december, but i still feel like a teenager and that ppl expect waaaay too much of me, even tho they're not really, considering i am officially an adult now and should be much more independent. there's loads of stuff that i still need help with from my parents or older siblings, its really pathetic. i chicken out of phone calls, i cant go to the gym on my own! i have a really insensitive aunt, i once asked my bro if he would go to the gym with me and she said something like "you dont need your brother to hold your hand do you?" and that really got to me. but its true, i do in a sense need someone to hold my hand through those kinda things. i think it will be a long time before i start to feel like an adult.