Anyone from Dunedin?

sas

Hi
I am a long-term sufferer of SA. It does't help that I live in Dunedin which has no specific support for SA. Occasional visits to doctors or a counsellor doesn't get me out of being a virtual recluse. At my worst I was housebound but now I like to go out even when I have to experience a couple of SA episodes. It would be good to connect with other SA people to share support or even, perhaps, even form our own Dunedin support group?

KiaKaha

Banned
Hey,

Just thought I would say hello. I am not in Dunedin (beautiful city by the way) I am up in Wellington. There are quite a few NZ'ers floating around so hopefully some of them might be down your way. There isnt enough support for social anxiety in our country but if you manage to come up to Wellington or Auckland some time you may want to look up the phobic trust clinic which may be able to help you.

Mamafear

Hello, I am new to this forum I don't know if it covers things like Emetophobia (fear of vomiting) but I am from Dunedin and have been suffering from social anxiety as a result of Emetophobia. My fear is parilysing and I, like you, am finding it impossible to find people limited by these fears in New Zealand, let alone Dunedin! Anyway, if you want to contact me, you can do so on [email protected] or here (just registered so will need to figure out how to check messages ;). Take care,

Donna