Anyone else have a problem with Prozac & Labyrinthitis?

I'm sure vertigo is a common side effect of several anti-depressants, but has anyone else been told by their doctor that they had Labyrinthitis after taking Prozac?

A few years ago I was two months into my dose and suddenly got severe vertigo. I had no idea what it was so I went to the emergence room, only to have them tell me it was Labyrinthitis and there was nothing they could do about it. They treated me for the dizziness, panic and intense headaches, but that's it. It took months to completely get over the symptoms.

Of course they couldn't/wouldn't admit any connection (liability, don't cha know):wink:, but I believe there was a direct connection between the two.

Anyone else?

-TJ

loucat

I've been on prozac for years and never encountered this myself, but that doesn't necessarily mean there isn't a link

You could have experienced an adverse reaction, in the uk your doctor could notify the company that manufactures prozac to notify them of this, then they can add it to their ever growing list of side effects, that way the company cover themmselves :twisted: