Anyone else get mimicked a lot?

Liberty

Banned
I go out to lunch a lot with my co-workers as part of my homework assignments for CBT. Sometimes I am more comfortable than others. Recently I had a lunch with some high-up bosses and I was noticeably very anxious the entire time. I was asked if I was ok multiple times. Today I had lunch with co-workers and felt fine the whole time and my one boss sat next to me and acted extremely anxious the entire time. Like bouncing both her legs and fidgeting the whole time and zoned-out expression on her face. She told everyone she was nervous because she had something to do in the afternoon. Then at the end we were all sitting there and she wanted to leave and just go up and then waited with an impatient look on her face until we all got up too.

The "something to do in the afternoon" story was total BS. I get mimicked like this quite a bit by my co-workers. I know that being afraid makes others around you nervous as well but this is different. What in the world do they have to be afraid about or anxious about? They don't have the anxiety disorder, I do.

It's almost like they think I'm faking it to get attention or something and they want in on it lol. Anyway I don't get it.

planemo

How certain are you that your boss was mimicking you instead of her really being anxious? But either way I wouldn't take it too seriously though, even if they were mimicking you. It just shows that they have no life, and can't think of anything better to do. You know how hard it is to live with anxiety so if someone is purposely trying to give themselves that same anxiety it doesn't really say much about them...