Anybody used shynesscurve.com, Francine Rodabaugh or MC2?

Ponge

Hello there,

Sorry to have this as my first post but I was looking at the website www.shynesscurve.com

It looked interesting but I can't find any external information on it. By external information, I mean I can't find any reviews of the website or forum posts or anything. It costs $85 so before I sign up, it would be nice to have some kind of unbiased opinion.

I figure somebody here has probably used it, was it any good?

And while I'm here, has anybody used Francine Rodabaugh's site ( http://www.gendb.net/defeat_shyness.aspx ) or the MC2 method ( mc2method.com ). Similar situation. I can't find anybody recommending them or otherwise and I'm hoping somebody else might have an opinion.

corrinaelizabeth

I find it hard to trust these websites that ask you for money, I believe its a con but at the end of the day its entirely up to you however I def would not do it,www.fearfighter.com is free and looks worthwhile however its not available in certain areas i.e louth in lincolnshire lol thats where I am so I was a bit dissapointed!I think you would be better off buying a self help book to do with cognitive therapy or along those lines than trusting something off the internet

shynesscurve

Hello corrinaelizabeth and Ponge - sorry not to have posted sooner, but I only just saw your message.

I'm a director of the company that runs shynesscurve.com, and I can assure you that it is a completely serious service and in no way a "con". All our tests and exercises are based on the up-to-date academic literature and research into shyness, and we even provide a comprehensive literature review to explain the research background to each exercise. We are a properly registered company based in the UK, so if you purchase the Shyness Curve then you are protected under the European Union's distance selling regulations which covers your entitlement to refunds etc.

Our aim is to provide a middle way between self-help books (which are expert and inexpensive, but not personalised or interactive) and visiting a counsellor (which is very personalised, not necessarily expert in shyness, and more expensive). The internet makes it possible for our site to test people, and then use the test results to put together a personalised CBT program for them, all for the price of a single session with a counsellor or therapist.

All this research and development does cost money, and as a business we need to cover our costs (just as self-help-book authors and publishers, and counsellors and therapists, need to cover theirs). Although user-generated content is free on the web, I think you'll find that any high-quality service will generally need to be paid for.

Ultimately, of course, it's your choice, and shy people have more options now than ever before. Computerised Cognitive Behavioural Therapy (which is the approach used in the Shyness Curve) may be available on the NHS in some areas at no cost. Self-help books, counsellors, and therapists are the main other options. Whatever you decide to do, I'd like to wish you every success at overcoming your shyness.