Any suggestions

JustG

I'm just looking for any help or advice.

I'm an HH sufferer of 20+ years ( Mild to medium ). Generalised HH but my feet are my biggest concern. I always also feel that my body is burning up.

I also have Reynauds, which may be connected and I suspect doing Iontophoresis does not help this.
I also have Rheumatoid Arthritis and wonder if my immune system plays any part in worsening my condition/s . I doubt this but
you never know.

I cannot get any control over the HH, my biggest problem is when I wear shoes/slippers. My feet always seem to sweat but when I put on footwear this intensifies and the heat from my feet are tremendous. My feet don't smell but my shoes/socks quickly do ( brand new shoes ruined after a few wears ). I am always paranoid my shoes are smelling, possibly even imaging smells.

Over the years my facial and all over HH has increased and now with summer here, I dread going out, more than ever. I always pray that I don't bump into anyone I know.

I have just quit another job because of my HH and the anxiety that comes with it. I really don't know what my future holds. I think the only way I can work is with a solitary job on part time hours but doing what, I don't know.

I really wish I could go and live on a desert island somewhere by myself. It feels a lot easier to give up.

My current treatments are

Idromed 5 GS - 8mA on hands ( 15min ) 18mA on feet ( 30 mins )

Pro-Banthine & Propranolol ( largely ineffective )

Please forgive my rant but I would be grateful if anyone has any recommendations, pointers or of any kind.

Thanks

AtTheGates

Banned
putting goldbond in your shoes might help with moisture build-up..

also iv heard if you put your shoes in a freezer overnight it can get rid of mildew....if it works then try it with your socks too and other articles of clothing...maybe wash them first and THEN throw them in the freezer for a while.

I have the same problem with my shoes.

Last edited:

JustG

AtTheGates - Thanks for your suggestions.

Haven't heard of Goldbond here (in UK) but will look into it.

I know that putting things in freezer helps to kill bacteria. Just don't know if it will affect your shoes in the long run.

Anythings worth a try as you'll probably know yourself.