any meds actually work in relieving anxiety symptoms???

jonny

arite, iv bn takin paxil for 2 mths now and hardly feel any different!!....apart from wanting to sleep all the time and not bein able to get up in the morning.....on top of that u get the sexual side effects which suck..wot im wanting to know is if theres any1 that say used to blush and sweat alot in social situations that has actualy found a drug/med that works in relieveing those syptoms...

oh and i wld say iv neva really bn depressed....jst blush and sweat alot...shake to (specialy ma lip),look like elvis sumtimes ha ha which gets me down. any advice wld b a gr8 help as im clueless as to my nxt step...im also gettin cbt for last couple of wks....havnt got into the "setting tasks" bit yet but hasnt done anything so far. il get there tho!!! if it fukin kills me il gat bak to how i used to b b4 i turned 21

young

I have no idea what it is that you've said. But i think I can get the jist of it. You take paxil, want to know what pills if any can help with blushing and sweating.

I took paxil for anxiety. And actually camse out worse then when I was off of it. Now i am completely drug free. Except the hairgel I put in my hair. And the fums that come from my bottom when I have gas. But that's neither here nor there.

But from what i've read and been on. Is that pills are a temporary solution. That will fix the problem, more or less hide the problem, temporary. And I don't know about you. But I wouldn't want a temp solution.

Lightcloud

I've been taking Paxil for 4 months and I've seen drastic improvement. Jonny, I've also had the drowsiness and sexual side effects you're describing, but they're worth it to me, because they work!

Give it some time, I know anti-depressants can take up to 6 months to reach their full effect. If you still aren't feeling even just a little better in another month or so though, maybe you want to talk to your doctor again about trying an alternative, or just getting off them completely.

jonny

what dosage u on??....im currently on 20mg....was thinking about uping it to 30....aint sure. my anxiety is slightly better but nothing major....still get all the same symptoms

Hopeless05

Took Paxil and went all the way up to the max dosage. Tried for about two months. They did not really work. If anything it made me worse I guess realizing that I had to resort to meds, and they had no positive effect.

I guess they relieved some symptoms like shaking and major nervousness, but I still had brain fog and difficulty with speaking to people. I still don't like the whole concept of SA because symptoms of it can be manifested by other problems I think.

Maybe one day it will all make sense.

kkidd8

Paxil did fuk all for me. Took them for a month and a week and they made the left side of my face numb. They made me want to drink more, which isn't good when taking meds, but, i struggle with alcohol so i stopped taking them. I guess alcohol is my med, but i am trying to stop to get healthier and shit.

Also, i think everybody on this earth gets sweaty palms and nervous when they are in a situation they don't like. It is common in all people. But if you have S A, i think it is really severe and unbearable alomost and it starts taking over you're life where you can't go anywhere and avoid people all together. Just my opinion.

lostboi

Paxil put me to sleep..so I guess in a around about way it curbed my SA lol.. but seriously I thought it was pretty much ass. Right now I'm on Celex..I'm not even sure if it's doing anything but at least I can function. Meds are for the most part doing me more harm than good :?