Anxiety when talking?

Reholla

probably the worst anxiety I get is when I am talking...mainly cause i have social/performance phobia. When I know people will learn the most about me/ or an "on the spot" kind of oppurtunity, that is when it's the worst.

Its pretty much the most ridiculous thing ever because I know theres not going to be a conesquence for me not being able to perform, or whatever.

Definitely aggrivating!! I know how everyone is feeling who has anxiety when they talk :-/

AntiSocial

This recently happened to me when my ex's mother was interrogating me,I was so nervous I stumbled w/ my words & must have sounded like a bumbling idiot :oops:

newshyguy

Mozzer said:
I can never seem to say the right thing

there is no right or wrong response , i think the worse you can say is something mean, especially when your talking to a girl. doesnt it work the same way back?? the worse they can say is something mean to you.

anyways, you know what.. my anxiety goes away :) when talking to friends or just someone who i can feel confident to , i wish i could feel this same way with not only my friends but literally everybody, this is something new that im seeing , so yea im beating anxiety !!

the only thing is that once anxiety is gone and im not like all nervous, a different difficulty comes up and is not anxiety but like idont know what to say sometimes, and i dont speak up ,

SongOfSongs

SuicidalChick said:
When im nervous i will stutter and mix up my words and this is terribly embarassing for me. I always anticipate it happening,so it happens!

I do the same thing and feel the same way.

rko74

i feel same way

I just seem to have a fear and anxiousness over talking to people also.Its so annoying cause at home with my parents i can talk fine but i sound like im a 12 year old lol, my voice os soft spoken.When im outside i try and talk more adult like and deepen my voice so people dont think i sound too much like a kid.Im 31 btw :(

aw i know exactly how most of you feel.
i especially hate it in class when ive said something to the teacher that they didnt hear...then they say "would everyone please stop talking so i can hear what shes saying." then evryone shuts up and stares at me while i repeat myself. god its embarressing.
im also really bad at talking to guys...i hate the stuttering incidents...i must look like such an idiot. they probly think im retarted.

twocolorsinmyhead

yea i know how that feels...

yea i know exactly how that feels. yesterday actualy hit me when a person asked me why i dont talk?, am i afraid to talk? well the answer is that yea but i couldnt really say it. i talk to close friends but i try to make it a quick conversation, i dont like talking on the phone, and i really dont like to talk to people who i dont know, it just seems like i cant. i really do not enjoy having an anxiety of talking. is there way to help this out, im thinking of asking a doctor to prescribe me to xanax, is this a good idea? since ive taken it before it has help me in talking. so if anyone can give me their opinion ill be glad.