anxiety sitting next to someone I don't know on bus

I use the bus frequently every day for work sometimes more than four times and every time someone sits next to me that I don't know I tense up. I find it so hard to relax and start stressing out. Its only started happening to me in the last month(as going on buses has increased) and I am trying to find out what triggered it before it didn't bother me if I sat next to a person or someone sat next to me but now I can't even relax..I just feel clostrophobic and my chest tightens and I mutter to myself. If someone is sitting next to me and im next to the window I feel trapped, I also cant bare it when someone is sitting next to me and theres an empty seat on bus and they continue to sit next to me when if it was me id move to the empty seat I get stressed and keep thinking why wont they move...have a right panic attack...what can I do to calm down and relax I can't not do bus journeys as my job is on the other side of the city to me.

Today a man sat next to me and accidentally put his bag on my foot and I started stressing so I picked up his bag and gave it back to him and he apologised and I shouted at him that it was fine then for the next hour and a half I physically felt like icouldnt move or breathe until he got off the bus then I returned to looking out the window and felt alot happier...

What could the matter b how cwn I solve it

Steiner

Not sure really. I would probably get tense too. You don't know them and you don't know what intentions they could have.

I guess try and focus on other things. If I am in social situations where I am standing I lift one of my legs up slightly and focus on trying to keep my balance. Perhaps try and find something like that.

I hate buses.