Antiperspirant irritation

kingflab

I don't suppose anybody has any ideas of how to deal with irritation caused by antiperspirants like Odaban etc?

I'm starting to think that it would take a weeks worth of applications in order to see any results in the underarm area, but the pain I get from just a single spray is ridiculous... I applied Sweatstop Forte + last night, and I'm still itching like crazy right now.

I've tried Odaban, Maxim, Maxim Sensitive, Drysol, Driclor, Sweat Stop Forte, Sweatguard (I think thats what it was called), and some other one... so far all have itched like hell! (and yes, I do wash it off in the morning)

teandtoast

yes the pain is awful i had to stop using them as i couldnt get to sleep and next day left me sore
i heard there is a method with talcum powder to stop the pain etc when going to bed but cant remember what is ...maybe try having search on forums etc may come up
apart from that guess just gota try be careful with how much apply but as ya know easier said then done and plus gota have enough so works

i started using tablets instead of rollons etc and find they work alot better (probanthyn) although fcks up your eating patterns n stuff when do use

Luna222

I had pain at first but I think it's just about finding the right balance. Don't apply too much or apply it too often. I use Driclor and apply it every other night in light dabs rather than rolling it on, and that does the job fine.

Georgina

Right at the risk of getting yelled at by KINGFLAB, who dissed me on another posting, I will just say that the PERSPI-GUARD stuff I rated DID stung like F**K the FIRST time I used it.

However so sick was I of this lifelong problem I was prepared to put a blowtorch to my armpits if it stopped this problem.

They insist with the product I am talking about that you apply it at night, something to do with the glands being less active (whatever) and it itched and burned all night the first time. So I was doubtful it was going to be any good for me.

Now I bought this because my 19 year old daughter was being ridiculed at work because the skinny little button has this problem too ands as we all know it doesn't matter if you are fat or thin, you just sweat buckets with this complaint and as the shirt she had to wear for work is orangey yellow, she was going to quit her job because they told her she wasn't allowed to wear a cardigan over the shirt anymore thus exposing her condition, this made her worse and she became so stressed that it brought out her rashes and eczema.

I tell you this to point out she is of the delicate skin type, the wrong scent, washing powder face cleansers and she can look like her skin has been stripped with acid, so I was very worried about her trying this stuff.

Anyway long story short, we both have a pretty severe version of the condition, exacerbated if we are stressed (who isn't these days) and she is very delicate skinned.

Anyway after the night of itching, I was fine in the morning, FYI you don't have to wash it off or do anything else, you wash as normal, it does not stop working, it apparantly PLUGS the sweat glands, that doesn't sound healthy I grant you, but heck as I said before I am PAST CARING.

Anyway, UNBELIEVABLY and I still don't really quite believe it it FLIPPIN worked. I gave it to my daughter to try, she too found it stung like F**K the first time, but since then NOTHING, no pain no stinging.

So far it's still working, fingers crossed it continues, we both found we only get about 3 days before it needs doing again, not so good if you apply in the morning, I know cos I tried and it sort of works but not so well. They claim 5 - 10 days for some, but we could only wish for that kind of effect.

I am guessing they all work on a similar basis, the same ingredient base seems quite well known, but all the other products I since looked at to see what else was out there seem complicated and messy, so perhaps we got lucky, perhaps it won't work for you and is only the same as the other products you listed, I simply don 't know, all I can say is we are SO RELIEVED.

So try it or not, thats our report!

Georgina (A real person with a problem solved!!! not a ad)

kingflab

I never dismissed anything, I just suggested that posts like yours sound like product plugs. I'm probably wrong, but you have to accept that you've made 3 posts each going on about how good Perspi-Guard is, you make a lot of promises, and you have an odd obsession for putting unnecessarily emphasized words in capitals. Traits very similar to marketing spam.

As I said, I'm probably wrong, but it does share similarities with advertising... which is an easy mistake for somebody in my position to make.

JP81

:D

Funny, I had it really bad last night with driclor. Only thing I can say is just don't scratch it as it will only inflame the area and make it worse. I'm usually okay the next day - it tingles a little, but better than sweating like crazy.

Georgina

I have taken note your points about my post looking like ad AD, I'm not sure thats a fault, I just tell it how it is, which I can also appreciate is rare. I am not sure if I am supposed to apologise for being enthusiatic cos I have a solution, for me and mine at least.

20 years as an adult corporate IT trainer/educator (point being this level of audience takes no prisoners and will eat you alive if you are found weak in any area!! Imagine the stress and being sweaty with that job) This would be why I REPEAT and EMPHASIZE things, because I have had to write training notes too and people rarely read properly, they skim. You also have to repeat yourself at least 4 times and watch what you say, I might respond that I NEVER PROMISED anyone anything!!! disclaimer class 101. Not my place to make promises, it's not my product.

I am just sharing some information of something that worked for me, it's amazing how many people are surprised when you give them a tip for free, sad really, but there you go, I'm a great believer in do as you would be done by and in what goes around comes around. But you couldn't give money away in the street these days! Yeh I get it there's always a catch, well not with me, thats all I can tell you.

Anyhoo, apology accepted, I guess I should just ignore the negatives comments really, it's a bad trait of mine because I'm not decieving anyone and I constantly feel I have to prove my point, though goodness only knows why I bother,... as my old mum said, "You can lead a horse to water"....so true!

Anyway the company I got my stuff from said money back guarantee, so if it doesn't work for you I would be intersted to see if they stand by that, please let us know the outcome.

Only other question I have to anyone, is are there are any known LONG TERM AFFECTS using these chemical based formulas? I'd hate to trade sweaty pits for something more serious!! I know they all claim it safe, but they thought asbestos and smoking was OK once and my hubby is concerned it has not been marketed long enough to be clear about any side affect issues. He feels it is a worrying and dangerous thing to be blocking up pores, surely that has some negative problems with the lymph glands... any thoughts?

George

kingflab

This post is scrapped (i.e the text that was previously in this message). I'm being a twat for no reason, thats not in my nature. Apologies.

Carvel58

kingflab said:
I don't suppose anybody has any ideas of how to deal with irritation caused by antiperspirants like Odaban etc?

I'm starting to think that it would take a weeks worth of applications in order to see any results in the underarm area, but the pain I get from just a single spray is ridiculous... I applied Sweatstop Forte + last night, and I'm still itching like crazy right now.

I've tried Odaban, Maxim, Maxim Sensitive, Drysol, Driclor, Sweat Stop Forte, Sweatguard (I think thats what it was called), and some other one... so far all have itched like hell! (and yes, I do wash it off in the morning)

Here I am again trying to help.

Our product, Tite-Grip, has 18 FDA approved ingedients and so far there have been no known allergies.

Tite-Grip has a distributor in England and if you have an interest in trying it, please let me know, and I will have the president of Tite-Grip send you the name of the distributor there.

Best regards,

Carvel508

kingflab

But your product only lasts for hours.

I assume when you say FDA approved you mean your product doesn't contain the particular forms of aluminim that ause irritation. Seeing as thats the major culprit.

Sure_whynot

kingflab said:

Prior conversations aside, I want to help you.

Buy a product called Degree Clinical Protection For Women & use it after you use your main product. (make sure its for Women, or else its not the correct product)

It contains additives that moisturize and reduce irritation very well, while still helping to prevent sweating.

* you have to let your original product dry some first, or rub it in some, before you apply the Degree. Your goal is to Layer the products, not mix them.

This has removed 100% of the irritation from using these harsh products for me, and works very very well.

I'd suggest everyone try it at least once.