"And I don't know you anymore"

Frozen_In_Time

Well, I suppose I haven't posted much about myself. School seriously gets to me. Never a good place to be. I mean, I like to learn, but not at my school...I HATE IT SO MUCH. Just because I go to a grammar school, the teachers think they have an easy time, and an easy time they make of it. I get ignored quite often, and I hate it when people talk across me...I mean, don't sit next to me if you're going to do that, just because they have a fear of sitting alone. I'd actually rather sit alone than have people talk across me, and never to me.

I'm so quiet, and it doesn't do me a lot of good. I always clam up when I have to talk to people, even on the phone. I don't enjoy it one bit. Why can't it be easier? I also hate the thought of going out with friends, it's now got to the point where I avoid every single outing. There is one coming up, and I'm thinking of turning that down as I can't handle it. I don't know what to do. Does anyone have any suggestions? Thanks for reading.

Frozen_In_Time

Alternator

Well, there are many things you can do. First of all you have find out exactly what bothers you. Why dont you like going out with your friends? Is it because there are some people in the group you're not comfortable with? Is the group too small or too big? Or is the activity the main thing that bothers you? Or the strangers (like in a party) who are also going to be there?
One thing is certain though: if you wait for you to feel "OK", you'll never overcome this. Take action, then the positive feelings will follow. Try doing something that you enjoy and that isnt nerve wrecking. Going to a movie maybe? I myself never had a problem going to concerts, it's dark, the music is loud, and no one really cares. Try doing these things with the people you're comfortable with. Some of us prefer going out in larger groups, others in smaller. But remember that no matter what, there will always be some anxiety at first. Don't give up. Be persistent. Do not let your anxiety keep you from doing the things you enjoy.

Sioro

I am just like u "frozen in time'! i wonder if anyone can understand me? i am a newbe to this site and i want to share my horrible life for the first time. i am so "SP" i HATE phones and avoid them at all costs-noone in my family understands the severity of my SP and i used to be critisized especially by my mum since im female) and this made me hurt- at highscool was a terrible time for me people teased me everyday even my mum teased me-(WHATS WRONG WITH U WIERDO???) i have been hating myself ever since and developed severe depression for many years. somehow i cannot be kind to myself- can anyone help me on this? i am my own worst enemy and i put myself down for everything i do (u r SO STUPID, idiot why did u say that? etc etc). i am lucky to have found a boyfriend who is shy (but not as bad as i) he is the only person i am not SP around. thats strange but a miracle. still i am terrifyingly anxiuos around all people and spend my life agonising over evrthing thast goes on during the day.i dont have 1 single friend. thats right not one and never really have. i am at uni or presisly most of the time i am avoiding going cos im too scared to and im losing marks becasue of it when i am so intelligent im wasting my life and abilities- help me im so depressed! god i HATE myself

Frozen_In_Time

Thanks Alternator, I'll try to take action like you said, but first I have to focus on my exams, they are priority, not me.

Hi Sioro, I'm sorry to hear that you going through that. I think I can understand you, as you said that we're the same! Can I ask, how old are you? I'll probably post later, as I have to go now. For now, try and be positive, there are many people out there who can help.

Take care guys.
Frozen_In_Time

toeknee

I have read everyones posts on here and they remind me of some of my symptoms, especially using the phone. I can use the phone at home and mobile phone no problem, but when I have had to use the phone as part of the work I was doing I found it very hard and often managed to find a way out of it but on occasion I would have to use the phone and I was so self conscious of how my voice sounded, and I don't think I sounded confident at all on the phone. But through therapy I am working on this, as I have been using the phone at work to take messages for teh guy I work with, which doesn't seem too hard. But I'm not totally sure I could do a job where it involved mainly using the phone, so definately not anything cutomer related. But in the past when I've been desperate to get some money I have worked in certain jobs I hated because my need to make money took over.