An update from me!

Secret_Smile

I would just like to say....WOOOOOO YYYAAAAAYYYY HOOOPPPLLAAAA

I'm getting better and now I'm actually starting to notice it. I was at a point where I got very depressed and was going to give up seeing my councillours and having CBT because I thought they were not helping me but now I've started to see that my little targets that they've set are paying off. I take St Johns wort to see if that can help with the depressed thing but have only just started so I can imagine that it will take a while before anything kicks in. (By the way, if anyone has or is taking it, did/does it help?)
My body language is a hell of alot better. I got told to try and controll it to stop me looking shy and people have been acting alot better towards me. I must have looked so unfriendly and withdrawn the old way but now I get people talking to me and even teachers have noticed the change (One even told my dad on parents night that I was very laied back and chatty...WOW)
I've spoken in front of a small group of people. In our Religous Studies lessons the teacher asks us about our backgroud and our views on things etc and I've been able to speak twice now without feeling as bad and I managed to controll a panic attack after I had spoken as well. Also, I've read out loud in English a few times but my teacher makes me do this because I don't answer questions (sneaky woman!) . I messed it up a few times but tried to make a joke of it and I think it worked.

So I'm deffinately getting better. I've still got a long way to go but I'm so proud of myself and really wanted to share it. The real test now is a party I've been dreading because I won't know anyone appart from 1 or 2 family members. Fingers crossed I can go and enjoy myself!

Smile xXx

Orlando

Secret_Smile,

Good for you...I am so happy. But just remember it's a long road with ups-and-downs......However, I am so happy that you're feeling better.

I'll keep my fingers crossed for you for the party. :D :wink: :D

Jess333

Hey WHOO HOO! You're on the right track. You're making it!! That is something to celebrate for!

We're her eif you need us.

Frozen_In_Time

Way to go girl! :) *thumbs up*

I'm glad you are getting better, and it is very comforting for me to know that.

Take care now, I'm keeping my fingers crossed for you too! *fingers crossed*

Frozen_In_Time

richkid

Well done,I guess its definitly a mind set battle to what you percieve and project to towards others. I keep trying but one thing I notice is its very up and down. I'm getting better at turning things into more possitive statements, but socializing and being confortable, my main aim, is still a problem any advice.