Am i OCD or just impulsive?

Rise Against

Ive been doing some research on OCD and i think that i might have it. I dont have the symptoms of OCD all of the time, only when i become bored. I get these weird, random urges to do stupid things like stick my finger into the electrical outlet, or touch the stove top while its hot, or take a bite out of a stick of butter, or eat chapstick, or eat part of a glue stick, lol. I dont really have many of the "obsessive" symptoms, im definitely not a perfectionist, i am extremely unorganized. Sometimes ill repeat thoughts over and over in my mind, or i count things for no reason, and often get the urge to touch things. So do I have these urges to escape boredom, or is it possible that i have OCD?

Last edited:

Rise Against

I dont know if this has anything to do with OCD but sometimes i get songs stuck in my head for days and it gets really annoying. And some nights i cant sleep unless i make myself memorize the A,B,C's backwards or count to 1000. And every night i have to say the same prayer word for word before i go to sleep (even though im not religious.)

Now that i think about it, im pretty sure that i have OCD.

Helyna

Your last post sounds more like OCD than the first. Yeah, probably a bit of it, but not too much.