Always waiting for a change...

Afterglow

Ever since I can remember, I had a very negative image about myself. I don't think I have ever wanted to be me. Everything about me, i REJECTED. The way I looked, dressed, walked, talked, related to other people, you name it! I use to think that I would get better once I grew older, but not really. Maybe I just grew accustomed to the feeling....I think I just got used to feel like a ghost, a shadow of a person...

reslo

i can relate- i've never cared for how i look- and i pick out a million different flaws, but at the same time, i know that if i was born in somebody else's body, I would feel the same way- my problems with self-acceptance have little to do with the outside world.
in the grand scheme of things, they are inconsequential (people have done a lot more with a lot less) and like i get really uncomfortable when people ask about my hobbies or taste in music- because i always worry that they'll make fun of me or think i'm dumb or weird. and there are a few hobbies would like to take up, but haven't because I think I'm stupid for wanting to do it

i think it's important to keep in mind that everybody is always gonna have something to say (whether positive or negative) but at the end of the day, it's your opinion about your life that matters!

Afterglow

Hello reslo and thank you for your words. I agree, at the end of the day, it is my opinion that "should" matter, but it doesn't. It never does...