alternative to klonopin

Does anyone know of a homeopathic or herbal supplement that works as well or almost as well as Klonopin. I need to get off it because of dependence to it. Thanks in advance.

SilentType

Banned
Theres nothing natural that measures up. At least not for me. Let me know if you find nething cuz I'd like to get off klonopin myself...

Peace

Noca

Banned
If you use your Klonopin on a PRN basis(as needed, max 3-4 times a week), you'll never have any problems with dependence.

DillJenkins

Hey man. I went through 4mg Klonopin withdrawal. It was really hard on my mind and body but it made me a stronger person in the end.

You might wanna check into this stuff:
Theanine - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
Kava - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

This stuff is natural and legal and is chemically related to Klonopin. I have taken L-Theanine and it feels sorta like the opposite of caffeine.

One thing I would recommend is to switch to Valium to help taper off benzos. I decided to simply taper off Klonopin and even though it has a fairly long half life it was still hell on my body. The long half life of Valium should make withdrawal easier.

Check this link out for help on tapering off:
benzo.org.uk : Benzodiazepines: How They Work & How to Withdraw, Prof C H Ashton DM, FRCP, 2002

Best of luck to you with withdrawal. It will make you a mentally strong human.

jmroszczak

If you use your Klonopin on a PRN basis(as needed, max 3-4 times a week), you'll never have any problems with dependence.

this is what i do with my klonopin. I only use it when I know i will be interacting with people. Like for instance 3 days ago i went to get glasses and have an eye exam...I took 2mg's. I always take 2 mg's when i know I will be in situations like that. It's great I feel what i believe is "normal" ...almost like i can do anything I want/need. On those days I usually go to a few other places as well..stores..out to eat...it's really nice.

Mikefly

I take Klonopin .5 mgs 2-3 times per day. It's fine to take it just don't abuse and no there is no other alternative to klonopin not like herbal supplements that's why klonopin is a prescription drug.
The problem with me only taking it when i interact with people don't work for me. I've been sitting been like im not taking Klonopin today because i know i won't see anyone. Then out of the blue someone just shows up knocking on my door the phone starts ringing off the hook , i just can't blow off people because i feel anxious , so basically i have to take it everyday because i'm constantly interacting with people. Yes i have tried without Klonpin too and discovered that some people like myself just are too high strung and need a little help but it's not a magic pill in no way. You still have to eat right , get healthy sleep, exercise, have a steady work life income (depending what you want in life), but the common man's self confidence comes from hard work and filling like they are putting their dues in worth something in life. You have to have social connections and do what it takes to have a successful personal and professional life in my experiences.

Last edited: