Alternative therapy list for SA...

Faded

I've started with the CBT ( Cognitive Behaviour Therapy ), its Pretty Good! But i stopped the therapy for some reasons .. Anyway!!!

I think its Reaaally Excellent!!! NEED NO PILLS!! :lol: ( Only if your depressed ..)

I dont know how to Really explain the therapy to you, But its all about Exposure and Replacing Negative thoughts with Positive ones! The Exposure is Pro-longed and Gradually Repeated,, Starting from the Less Anxiety Provoking Situations To the High .. and so on. Its a Hard Work indeed, I think im being such a parrot .. Im saying exactly wat my therapist used to say!! HOW WEIRD is that!! 8O Anyway ..

Here is More detailed info about CBT :

What is cognitive behaviour therapy?
Cognitive behaviour therapy (CBT) describes a number of therapies that all have a similar approach to solving problems, which can range from sleeping difficulties or relationship problems, to drug and alcohol abuse or anxiety and depression. CBT works by changing people's attitudes and their behaviour. The therapies focus on the thoughts, images, beliefs and attitudes that we hold (our cognitive processes) and how this relates to the way we behave, as a way of dealing with emotional problems.

An important advantage of CBT is that it tends to be short, taking three to six months for most emotional problems. Clients attend a session a week, each session lasting either 50 minutes or an hour. During this time, the client and therapist are working together to understand what the problems are and to develop a new strategy for tackling them. CBT introduces them to a set of principles that they can apply whenever they need to, and which will stand them in good stead throughout their lives.

CBT is a combination of psychotherapy and behavioural therapy. Psychotherapy emphasises the importance of the personal meaning we place on things and how thinking patterns begin in childhood. Behavioural therapy pays close attention to the relationship between our problems, our behaviour and our thoughts.

^ ^ ^ If This Info isnt Well- UnderStood, Plz tell Me! :oops:

Faded

jinxed said:
Thanks a lot Faded, for your wonderful explanation :D
however, I don't know how you can do that scale from least to most intense anxiety situations if you only have 1 type of situation that gives you anxiety.

Yes Exactly, Theres only a 1 (General) Type Of situation that strikes the Anxiety. If your SP, Then your Always dealing with " Anxiety " , Usually there'snt much of Lows. So, The Scale was So hard 4 me, and i didnt even start with it, I always brought some reasons not to do it, and i told my therapist that i dont know how to scale such a thing ect.
Every minute She would ask me .. " What's your Anxiety percentage now? " And So on, It really sucked cuz i didnt know how to scale it and i had to make it easy so i wont be exposed to that situation again. ah anyway ..

GOOD POINT OUT THERE, JINXED! :wink: