Alternate methods and a new look at the problem

reerikavenger

If blushing for everyone is the same as it is for me, it's not the fact that my face turns purple that's necessarily the problem. The problem is the association your mind makes with the feeling of getting red. The mind is linked, indellibly, to associations we've grown accustom to. As soon as we begin to flush, we feel the heat and it triggers a reactionary emotion that is impossible to just reverse by a quick change in thinking. It takes a combination of clinical help and trial and error. For the clinical help, seek out alternate medicines, herbal, even things that are placebos or have no direct correlation to blushing. If you think they are going to work, they can really help. Avoid topical creams, such as metro cream unless your condition is epidermal. While these creams can decrease the appearance of redness, they also work to thin the epidermis leaving it more exposed to sunburn, which is worse for you in every case. For trial and error, find something you are really good at and revel in it, so much so that it borders on cockiness because who cares if people perceive you as cocky? You haven't been cocky your whole life and you deserve a little bit of cocky time. Your first priority should be to love yourself so that you can love other people as well as you want to. People often say that they don't notice the redness, even when I feel it, so if I am introverted and anti-social, they think it's because I am an elitist not because of my FB. So since they don't understand your FB, you might as well be cocky about the gifts you have that have nothing to do with FB. Talk about them and be proud. Once you are able to that, you will not be defining yourself as Red, or the person who gets red and introverted, but as the person who has () gifts. I feel for everyone who has this problem and I know how others don't understand. I know how you sometimes feel guilty about obsessing about this problem because there are so many other bad things going on in the world. But it is a real problem and it is okay to vent. Just know, and trust me, there is hope. There are things to try and if they don't work, there are other things to try.

When I blush, its not the fact that I look silly that really bothers me its the fact that my brain, which I know to be intelligent and quick, completely seizes up and leaves me with nothing to say. It's infuriating and complicates any use of CBT techniques which seem to require you to have at least basic brain operation at the times you blush.

So I avoid talking to people and they think I'm being aloof or rude. And the really sad thing is, I'd rather they thought I was aloof and rude than know the truth.

blackpath

Banned
BennyFingers said:
When I blush, its not the fact that I look silly that really bothers me its the fact that my brain, which I know to be intelligent and quick, completely seizes up and leaves me with nothing to say. It's infuriating and complicates any use of CBT techniques which seem to require you to have at least basic brain operation at the times you blush.

So I avoid talking to people and they think I'm being aloof or rude. And the really sad thing is, I'd rather they thought I was aloof and rude than know the truth.

this is me