All anxiety all the time

mufan

I don't recall a day where I am not anxious to some degree at all times. Sometimes it gets pretty and sometimes mild, but it is always there. It doesn't affect my professional life and I haven't had panic attacks. I normally just suck it up and try to disguise it. I am anxious over everything past, present, and future. Even if their is nothing to be anxious over I will find something to be anxious over.

It basicall goes like this: I'm anxious, there must be a reason, I search for a reason, and find something to worry about.

Anybody else have this? Is it general anxiety? What kind of help is there?

Don1985

I think most people here can relate to that, only it does interfere with my professional life. I have strong anxiety i suppose, and i work for myself doing window cleaning and various other cleaning services. Before i started this i was unemployed for 2 years due to anxiety, but i finally forced myself out of the house to run a business. Anxiety constantly with me, where ever i am, day and night, even when i'm on my own. It just get real bad when i'm around people. As most of my work is outdoors i find wearing sunglasses and a cap makes me feel a little more comfortable, but this is only a temporary cure of course. I am looking for something to help me get by right now. I have never went to see a doc about my condition and i have never bought any meds, or had any therapy, i'm even too anxious to go somewhere to do so! :lol: I think sucking it up and fighting it head on like you said would be the best way to cure it. If you get your brain used to normality it should realise that it is the right way to be, rather than anxious all the time.

But what do i know, i cant go anywhere :x [/u]

Johnd

Hi

Hi,
I think anxiety hits you in all aspects of life. When did this start and what have you tried doing about it?

mufan

My anxiety came on me overnight almost when I was in the sixth grade. I became OCD all of a sudden and the anxiety has never left. I would be curious to here what you find out in your search Don.

hamandcheese

Hi mufan

I've had Social Anxiety for a long time now, but only realised this week that I have General Anxiety too.

I can identify with what you're saying exactly. I am almost constantly anxious about one thing or another, university, driving and when I've time constraints and I'm rushing.

I feel really irritable, constantly exhausted and on edge pretty much all the time.

It sounds very much like you could have GAD as well. Maybe someone with a bit more knowledge of the disorder might give you some advice (and me for that matter!!).

Thanks