After ETS? Red face when you laugh?????

kenco

Hi guys,

Ok i new here and just discovered this site. I have normally used the EFSB Channel but i see there is alot of people from the UK so oi oi!:D Bit about me, i had FB problem since about 18 years old with people always saying your face is going red a bit too frequent for my liking!:mad: Work people, friends, family you name it! So started getting very anxious and panicky in myself about this weird problem. Social Anxiety ensued! So started trying to solve the problem with medication, docs have given me proapnol, dizempam and various anti depressants meds but still people would comment. I then tried hypnotherapy with hypnotist that was a fortune, but a very reputable lady who claimed to cure blushing and had even hypnotised various celebs for stage fright etc. Anyway, to no avail still people would make comments about me going red! I then got a top job in a nightclub running a vip bar. But regularly the anxiety was very difficult to cope with and especially being in such a sociable enviroment. With this as well a co worker would regularly mutter under her breath to her friends 'look how red he's going!' In the short of it i quit just like i have many other jobs and just thought enoughs enough! Im getting ETS, so in Jan 2007 after begging a family member to pay for it i got it done. I told all my family and friends i was getting my tonsils taken out!LOL! ::eek::After a bit of long recovery i got back on my feet again and went out to work, but sadly still have had the odd comment about going red so unsure of its success. But despite everything and a bit of sweating from time to time my health is intact so pose i should be thankful for small mercy's. But the one thing i have noticed which i never noticed before, is my face looks red when i contort my face in any way like smiling and worse if i laugh. This is also gets alot worse after a hot bath or shower, for about two hours afterwards or when i drink alcohol. I also have now had two ipl's and botox at the Woodford Medical Clinic but still has not helped with this. I not sure if i just used to obsessing about blushing going red etc but has anyone else experienced this after ETS????????

Excuse the spelling and please give us post!

Cheers Kenco :)

Last edited:

Ihateit

Well I had ETS done November 2008. And I have experience a very red face when laughing, it seems to be worse then before I had the surgery. I have this constant urge that when I laugh to look in the mirror to see how red my face is, I done so earlier, and it was very red. I dont have any explanations but it is very annoying.

kenco

Hi ihateit,

i had my done in Jan 2007. Do you think your ETS has been a success then or not for you? Good to know it not my imagination! I too have that constant urge to look in the mirror now because of this. I had my surgery with Dr David Greenstein in the UK what about you? I dont remember my face being like this before, just hope i dont blush no more but its hard to tell aint it!::(:

Ihateit

Hey,

Nope I don't think it was a success but I do not regret having it done. I had mine done at a hospital in London. The reason I don't think it was a success is because of the red face when laughing, and I had one comment about my face being red when I was faced with an embarassing situation. Saying that, sometimes when I think I should have gone red, I try find a mirror to see, and then notice my face is not as red as it feels. It is a very strange feeling, and I guess I need an honest opinion but no one knows I had the surgery, or the fact that the blushing annoys me. So its kind of like I am living with a secret but yet its not a secret because people can obviously see when my face is flushing.

It is very difficult to explain what I mean, but I hope people that read my posts understands what I am saying.. especially those who have gone through ETS>

kenco

Hi mate,

well thats not good then if we both have come out of having ETS for blushing and now are faces are redder when we laugh! So that was the main reason you were not happy with the operation????

Ihateit

The main reason being is because I still go red. I thought it would cure all aspects of going red but it hasn't. I also suffered from severe underarm sweating and it didn't help that either.

kenco

Thats the same as me, i thought it would cure all aspects of redness and i get underarm sweating from time to time but not servere! Hey i need a honest opinion on my ETS as well! So if you ever fancy meeting up for a chat somewhere and we can both give honest opinions about it:) and anyone else on here who needs a honest analysis of there ETS leave us a post. I close to Liverpool Street station we could all meet there since it central sort of London!

C

cowgal1119

Hi. I am from the USA. I had the ETS surgery done in 2005. That surgery helped with my handsweating but not so much my facial redness. I have had facial redness since I hit puberty. Now I am 26 yrs old. My face is always red in social situations including family parties. I always feel that everybody is staring at me like I am some kind of alien. But I definitely can say you are not alone about your face getting really red when you laugh because mine does the same thing and I have people comment about it at work when I laugh. It is very aggrevating and I am still looking for solutions for getting rid of the facial redness problem. Sorry that I can't tell you why it happens, but if I ever find out I will let you know.
Amanda P.