after a hiatus of having no friends..

AtTheGates

Banned
Does anyone know how to go about making friends from square one? it seems like in order to make friends you have to already HAVE at least a FEW friends to vouch for you but the last friends I had were all shady drug addicts and I ditched them a few years ago because they started stealing from me and getting really two-faced in general...hanging out with people like that has tarnished my reputation to a certain degree so Its hard to find anyone around here who would give me a snow flakes chance in hell at being friends...my older brother and sister have their own friends and their own lives and i'v never been much a part of that for as long as I can remember..I just dont know how im going to go about building a social circle from the ground up especially when people around this town have false preconceived notions about me to begin with (people think im like a mentally ill psychotic drug addict or something)...The best option for me would be to relocate but i cant afford it right now....I have a feeling that trying to fit in with people around here wouldnt even be worth the trouble anyway..but idk....it seems like so many other people have found redemption and solace despite any mistakes they've made in their past but ME on the other hand, I'v found no such comfort....and idk if im EVER going to find it around here.

This is kind of just a rant I guess....

Last edited:

Sacrament

I suppose you should find activities that you enjoy doing and try to engage with the people who also do those activities. Volunteer work is a good way to meet new people because usually people who do volunteer work are kind-hearted and open. You can also start by making friends on SPW, using the chatting system.

fate12321

Well, I'm not quite sure. The friends new friends I've made were mostly friends of my friends. Thinking back, I managed to make friends after people started talking to me. Well, this is back in junior high. I guess the only way to make friends is to talk to people, but it's difficult if you have SA. I guess it's tough. So i guess, start by finding activities that you like, like the person above mentions. Start making connections with people you can relate too. like the people from here for example. Not sure what else to say.