After 5 years, my axillary hyperhidrosis just stopped

bigkrom

After doubling my ssri dosage (sertraline) from 50mg to 100mg, I started to notice I am no longer sweating under my arms. Even in situations where I would sweat definitely, I am no longer sweating. This has been going on for weeks.

I can't express what a relief it is to no longer be sweating under my arms after suffering from it for over 5 years now.

I have had anxiety and depression for a long time so for me it is appropriate to take an antidepressant. I am just stunned at the effect it is having.

Previous attempts with other medications have failed: benzodiazepines, neurontin, propranolol, etc.

Last edited:

pedro123

Hey, I'm really happy for you =) however, I don't follow. I think you are so excited that you typed too fast.

so you were on "benzodiazepines, neurontin, propranolol, etc." then you switched to "sertraline" and now you don't sweat at all? Is that correct?

bigkrom

I've taken sertraline for about 2 years for depression and social anxiety. I decided to increase my dosage due to depression, and I began to notice that I was no longer sweating in stressful situations. It's surprising as I am accustomed to sweating in almost every social situation in the past 5 years.

pedro123

A doctor once prescribed me Deanxit. It's an antidepressent, but I stopped taking it as it didn't have much of an effect. Perhaps I should go back to it.

Also could you be more specific. For example, do you always sweat, or just in high pressure situations like interviews. Also, do you sweat more in the summer?

Any one else tried anti depressants.

Deanxit - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Solo Dolo

yes, i have taken multiple anti anxiety and/or anti depression meds...none of which have had any effect on my HH.