advice?!?

millymoocow

i really don't know what to do. :?

we have to do this play in english class. i have four roles: a junkie mum who bashes up her daughter and dies in the first scene, a bully who picks on this same girl, a bimbo stewardess (i have to wear a mini skirt- AARRGH!) and a maid of honour. (let's just call that character the maid of HORROR, just to top off my terrible roles). :evil:

is it just me or did my friends assign me all the mean characters? we had to make this play up ourselves, but i didn't get to choose who i wanted to be because i was catching up on some tests that i missed. is that how they see me? :x

and that's not everything. y'all know that i got SA... yes. anyways, the entire class is going to be watching... and you know how it is. we SA sufferers always feel awkward in social situations, and we always feel like everyone is looking at us, judging us, critisizing us... and its worse when we know 100% that people ARE looking at us. i can't do speeches, let alone plays... i freeze up. help? 8O

okkamsrazor

LOL! :lol:
choices choices! Id pick the junkie mum coz you can add some of your humanity to the role and bring a good face to junkyism in all its forms.
Plus you'll be dead by Act2, and down the pub before you can say 'wheres me fags'...

millymoocow

lol. :lol:

no i have to play ALL four roles. and i dont know if i should tell my teacher if i can sit out of it and let my group down, or just do it and face the fear. its a hard decision. any ideas? :roll:

thanx. :)

okkamsrazor

All 4 ROLES!!!!? 8O wow...
They must have alot of faith in your acting abilities millymoo. If you're hella nervous abt playing the roles then mention it to your teacher. See if you can have a few lesser roles. If not dont worry there'll be loads of other people just as nervous as you i bet.
I remember back when I was 10 they got me to play Joseph in the nativity story. I fell over. Infront of Everyone, but it ended up working to my advantage as it looked as if the character was truly exhausted from travelling in the story. My teacher was like "good improv"... :roll: