Advice needed

jordo

well maybe you can go out as friends?...but you have to make sure he knows that...dont string him along if youre not interested in him physically. that should tide you over until you find someone you really like.

I did such thing (going out with someone you didn't really fancy) when i was 18 and i can tell you about it.
If you do so, you'll not be alone at all for maybe 1 year, but he is going to realize and then you'll be sorry and all alone. You'll also loose him as friend FOREVER. And the worst thing is you'll always know it was you who played wicked games, you who harmed your only friend...

If you see you loose him cause he's only interested in sexual matters then he is not worth your care, is it? Then better be alone than with bad companions.

By the way... DO YOU REALLY WANT HIM AS A FRIEND EITHER? Or just because you fear being alone? Cause i just can't understand your position. If you want him as a friend, then be her friend (just her friend). If not... what are you doing going with him anyway?

On the other hand... what if he thinks the same? Are you sure he really wants to ask you out? Maybe he's just interested in you as friends too. Maybe he has the same fear that you are interested in him more than just for friendship, and maybe he's afraid he will not know how to deal with that without loosing your friendship

jordo

ciel20 said:
edit: actually... maybe being alone would be preferable to going out with someone I'm not really interested in (though I am in some ways)? idk ...
well make up your mind dammit lol jk :p no seriously tho...if you have a problem deciding...you probably arent. just tell him you like hanging out with him as a friend. if he finds someone else in the future...if he's really your friend...he will still do stuff with you...might even double date.

i was on the other side one time (like him) and this girl i wanted to be more than friends with i could tell didnt like me like that but i was fine with that. i think we almost appeared like a couple and did some fun stuff together. until she met someone she was into...then i was took off lol. when that time comes...both of you will have to make that decision of if you still want to be friends.