Acupuncture for hyperhidrosis?

jay77

I have tried literally everything for my hyperhidrosis: botox, herbs, iontophoresis, hypnosis, drysol, robinul, etc. but nothing has been able to completely stop my sweating. I heard that acuputure may be able to help with hyperhidrosis. Has anyone tried it? There is not a lot of information on it on the internet or in this forum. I have probably spent about 5,000 dollars on treatment at this point. My insurance company does not cover acupuncture so I would like to get more information on it before I pay to have it done, but at this point I am willing to try anything. I emailed a acupuncturist near me who got amazing reviews and she said that people in China have been using acupuncture to treat sweating for at least the last 16 years and that many people have had success from it, but it doesn't make sense why I could hardly find any info online about it.

l_rose

Hi there,

I've had hyperhidrosis since I was a child and have tried many at-home treatments such as sage, magnesium, and aluminium chloride treatments with no luck. Before going to see my doctor about further treatments I decided to try acupunture. It was a 10 treatment course (twice a week for 5 weeks) using laser acupuncture, but unfortunately I noticed no improvement so I decided to go to my doctor instead of continuing treatments. I am now using a homemade iontophoresis device and have noticed some improvement.

I think it would have to do with (1) what causes your sweating (for some people the relaxation of acupuncture helps) and (2) whether or not the acupucturist knows what they're doing!

For me acupuncure wasn't worth the money but by all means try it if you like, especially if you've exhausted all other options. :)

Last edited: