Absolutley terrified, Please help!!

nursebetty

My doctor prescribed Effexor 37.5mg for me to start taking yesterday for mild depression/anxiety/stress. I have never taken anti-depressants before and I am absolutley terrified to take them. I looked at them last night, but didn't take it because I am so scared of side effects. I know that everybody experieces different or no side effects to the same pill, but has anyone had a positve experience with this drug?

I've read that you can have suicidal thoughts, and I definitley do not want that to happen, or feel dizzy. I'm hoping to only be on them for a couple of months and i'm scared of any withdrawl symptoms. What should I expect? I don't want to be depressed anymore, but at the same time I am terrified of taking this next step. Please help! thanks!

Y

I started drugs with effexor and that drug ruined my body, i experienced all the side effects on the prescription, whatsmore it didnt have any positive effects on my depression and anxiety.

Then my doctor chaged my drug , i started taking Paxil it had much fewer side effects and within 10 days those side effects wore off too, and it totally cured off my deppression and helped a little with my anxiety too. (i can say it blocked %70 of the phsical effects of anxiety, like shaking, blushing, and sweat, but mentally im the same person)

Pills are good but you gotta try and find the one thats suited for you, and dont fear the side effects , its nothing much compared to the anxiety...

kinder1aa

I was terrified to when they perscribed Effexor to me, my 1st time on anti-anxiety drugs too. From posts I've read its been the best to sucks. For me, I got nothing out of it, but others swear by it. They come in packets starting from low dose to high and I did all 14 days, so I guess it wasn't the right drug for me......it would be nice if there was just one pill instead of fumbling through 2 dozen to find the one the suits you.

Anyway, I picked a day that wasn't busy, gritted my teeth and took one. I'm not a Dr. so I can't promise you, but I'll lay odds nothing horrible will happen. I was actually hoping to feel something (good) but got nothing. Just have your Dr. number and if it does something you don't like call.