A Parasite as a Parent

roly_jubilee

So I can safely say that my stepfather is no other than a parasite or a deadweight in my family. There's my mother, my older sister and me who's already 27 years old but yes I'm still living with my parents. I can't stand my stepfather who quit working 5 years ago and during that time he was just 47 years old. He did not plan for any retirement and just one day decided to stay home for the rest of his life.

During that course, he sold off his car to live off that fund and starting driving my old car. After the fund was finished, he starts taking money from his well-to-do mother who is already 80 years old. It has gotten so bad and especially 5 years down the road, all he does is watch TV in the living room the WHOLE day and what's worse is that he would be lying on the sofa with his legs on the table, most of the time with a coke can or a bag of chips as if to say he's "enjoying life". Or at times which is the worst he would be lying on the floor shirtless watching the telly the whole day.. and fall asleep on the floor as if he fainted or died there. And the thing is he doesn't help much or close to nothing with the house chores. Everything from getting his own clean supply of water to even changing the bulbs in the house, which I have to do.. Even though he keeps acting like he's the MAN of the house.

I just can't believe there's this person in my family and in my life. We are considered quite lucky in terms of we have a comfortable house, me and my sister have gone overseas for education and that's because of my mum.
My mum is a hard worker and she has been able to provide us with all these things which I'm grateful for. But my step is just a PARASITE. My mum although she works, she would most of the time buy him lunch and when she comes home from work, she would cook dinner. My sister and I would help out but we just feel so angry because when all of us are preparing for dinner, my step would be just there watching tv the whole time. I would even scoop him his food put it on the dining table and he would just come over and sit with all his food ready for him. :sad: And this happens every dinner.

The worst part is that he would make grunts when he's eating, complain about the food about how my mum should have put more of this or less of that. All the time he would drink his water with noises like AHHHHHH as if to show his male dominance on the table. While all of us would eat our dinner quietly and quickly so that we can get out of there. :kickingmyself::kickingmyself:
The thing is we can never talk to him about any of this because he gets so defensive or shuts us off with more grunts... Sometimes I feel like I'm trying to talk to an animal.

There are so so many things that I just wan to get out of my chest. Too many that I feel like I'm gonna explode.

If there's anyone out there, thanks for listening.

Last edited: