a little about my situation to help you with yours

nikki_marie

Hey everyone.
I have not got social phobia, but i have had problems with going out alone. I felt really on edge and like everyone was starring at me all the time, like really overly aware of others around me.
It does make you not want to go outside, because you just cant be arsed with feeling like crap.
on the break of new year at 12'oclock i decided this year was going to be completely different for me no more of this deciding what i was going to do by the people around me.
(i have recently moved back to my home town after 7 years of being away and i have barely ventured about alone)
so everyday since new years i have gone for a walk to a family members house, which means i have to walk through town on my own and through for about 30 minutes, i think everyday has got better and better and each time i feel less and less uptight about the people around me. i still have feelings that ya know oh im not good enough or people think im wierd oh even kids pick on me. but i do believe that stuff is what we need to work on and snap out of it! and stop playing the victim. the feeling uncomfortable out and about is all about stretching your comfort zones, we are like animals. if we spend all day everyday in one enviournment ofcouse we are going to feel odd somewhere different, inless we are constantly in different enviournments then it becomes the norm.
hope this helps as much as it helps me.