a journey from darkness into light and freedom

genius

group therapy for overcoming social phobia in five months

Last edited:

DarkSeeker

This thread isn't getting much attention right now, but as those tapes were so easy to get my hands, own I'm willing to give it a try.

DarkSeeker

Well tape 1 was only about very general stuff, so I went straight to tape 2 where he starts talking about the treatment. I've already been trying for a long time to get control over my speech, but although I came close too multiple times, there was always something that would get in the way and make stop trying, so I'm looking forward trying this guy's method and focus on being more consistent.

I didn't realize that doing slow-talk in public was not only an option, but also a way to take authority and make yourself sound loud and clear. In my head it has always been something forbidden and considered mentally retarded, but that's probably just me living with loud mouthed jerks for too long.

I also agree with the catching yourself having negative thoughts and telling your brain that you don't like them. Sometimes it's confusing because they almost feel like words coming from a reassuring loving parent, but if you do like them then why would your brain stop hurting you with these venomous thoughts?

I'm afraid of going a bit too fast here, but I've already been aware of most of this stuff for a long time now, so I'm thinking more about putting emphasis on practice, and yes, being more consistent.