MobiusX

I started working when I was 17, so it's not too late. I do not know what your mom is talking about. But I do suggest getting a job as soon as you feel better around people. This is going to be an opporutity for you to be around others. It's going to help you with your social anxiety. Not having a job will only make it worse. Also, you should start by going to one of your counselors in school. Yeah, I know it might seem like a scary thought. These counselors don't just get paid to work on students' schedule. They can actually help you improve your social skills. You better take advantage of this while you can because I regret that I didn't. When you are out of school, you will have to pay a professional to help you while you can get it for free. You might be scared that others students might see you going in the counselor's office. Just tell them it's about your schedule, etc... You can make anything up because the truth is, that there is no way for anyone to find out. Whatever you say in the office, stays there. It's all confidental.

YankeeBob

are you talking about your mother 'shaming' you

if you are....or have a sense you might be...

you might find reading John Bradshaw's book "The Family". His revised edition is a copy that i am reading at present.

the sub title of this book is "A New Way of Creating Solid Self -Esteem".

chapter 11 which talks about "Discovering One's True Self" is where I am at presently.

be well. take care.