forgetit

In my opinion, marriage is a social deal which slowly kills love.

I think you always find beautiful a person you love . . . !

Horatio

to me marriage is all about shouting out to the whole world, "this is the person that I have chosen and I will love them forever"

marriage seems to mean bugger all to most people nowdays but I have so much respect for those old couples who celebrate their 50th wedding anniversary together. I think it must be difficult to stick with someone through both good times and bad but at the end of the day I think to experience such love would make it worth the effort

I think in a lot of ways marriage has lost some of its power. Back in the ol days *sigh* to get married was a very important event, as it really did mean you would be with that person until death. Usually it takes a 12 person jury and a judge in a high court of law to sentence someone like that :wink:

I still hope that I will be so lucky, but I dont think I realistically believe it will happen anymore

I think marriage can be a great thing, spending your life with someone you love, but obviously it doesn't always work that way. Personally I'm glad that there's now the option for divorce if it all goes wrong, because being in an unhappy marriage 'til you die must be awful. Marriage is something of little importance to some people, but quite a few people (like me) view it very highly. I would love to get married and spend my whole life with him, and cope with all the ups and downs together.

Obviously love needs a physical attraction to spark it off, and I think after that it grows into something deeper, so that even when you're old you are still attracted to each other because you're so intimately connected. Love is inexplicable, it's not something that can be reasoned with, and it isn't always logical which is why sometimes it lasts forever, but very often it doesn't.