3 Treatments I Have Yet To Try (I've done or heard of most!)

What works the best for you right now? (these have been the most effective for me so far)

• Iontrophoresis

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Robinul aka Avert aka Glycoprolate

• Botox

• A combination of these

• Other

• Total voters
Hey, I just discovered this site and I'm excited about it because it looks like a lot of you are pretty knowledgeable!

If you know anything about them please share!

(my main concerns are if these can cure palmar and plantar HH without causing compensatory sweating side effects)

1. Ultrasonic surgical aspiration-

apparently it just shoots energy frequencies that are strong enough to dissolve you sweat glands. Has anyone tried it?

2. liposuction curettage similar to the treatment above

3. The book called: "Stop Sweating and Start Living"

- supposedly this is a 17 page book that has a natural remedy to cure all HH. Is it a scam? I usually wouldn't think twice about it, but there seems to be a lot of buzz around it and the testimonials seem convincing. I don't know though, if there was a simple natural remedy, I swear it would be all over the news section on the HH sites.

ABOUT ME:

I've been living with HH for almost 10 years now and have managed to find ways to do just about everything. My HH is severe and I'm sure my symptoms are different than most, but I'm happy to share the tricks that have worked for me!

p.s. When I'm drunk it's the only time when I can count on being completely 100% HH Free, hence my username :)

Links:

Here's a link to the Stop Sweating and Start Living testimonials:
http://www.preventsweating.com/testimonials.html

ultrasound stuff:

http://www.sciencedirect.com/scienc...serid=10&md5=23f6d0f09bba27b46fbfd4c825b4f25c :p :p :p :p :p

Jezza

Hi there.

Ultrasonic surgery -> Don't know anything about that, but I've heard about ultrasonic surgery that is basically ETS, which I would avoid no matter what.

Liposuction --> Apperently is effective for most, but would only work on armpits, and in my experience, if you have more generalized HH or even palmoplantar HH, the difference that no armpit sweating would make to your life isn't huge.

The book --> I don't think it will work and moreover I think it's kind of strange to try to make money of something like this. And, like you said if it would actually work I'm sure it would have been posted on one of these fora right now.

Otherwise, Ionto might help but for me tap water ionto didn't do it. Ionto with a glycopyrrolate (the working substance in avert/robinul) solution might sounds promising to me but I haven't been able to try it yet.

Botox works ok, but you need many injections (at least 50 for each hand and feet even more) and even then it's hard to cover the entire hand. Also I found that it didn't work for me as well anymore when I had injections for my armpits after first having hands and feet injections. Still, Botox is worth a try especially for armpits, because the injections in the armpits are pretty easy (a little pain, but not to much), you don't need as much and if it works it'll work for some months. Once again though, the same applies as for curettage, if you sweat all over I doubt it'll do much difference. On a side note, generally they say that botox hasn't got any noticeable side-effects, but I can't elp thinking I got some standard anticholinergic reaction from it (dry mouth/dry eyes) eventhough I had dry eyes even before the injections, which might have something to do with disregulation of the autonomic nervous system. Anyway, although Botox is generally thought to be a "topical" treatment, I believe there is some systemic absorption.

Glyco/Avert --> Many good stories posted about this, and I believe most of them are genuine. I tried oxybutynin, which is another anticholinergic (with some drawbacks). It definitely reduced the sweating but not entirely. I don't like using it now because it crosses the blood/brain barrier and glyco doesn't...For generalized HH I think it's the best option, but I can't back that up yet with personal experience (except the oxy).

Thanks Jezza!

Hey, thanks for your input. It's very helpful!

Yeah, I don't have axillary HH, so I guess the Ultrasound and Lipo Curettage won't work :( About the book, I know isn't that messed up ppl trying to scam you over this type of thing?! So wrong!

I use Robinul and put one pill in each tray of my fischer ion machine. I also put baking soda in it and that way I can raise it up to the max without any pain. The draw back with the ioning for me is that it takes so long and I have to make sure no one's home and then go fill it up with water yadaya yada. You know? So I end up only doing it once a week when I need to be doing it every other day or every 3 days!

I also pop a Robinul (2 milligram) every day. If i go a day without it I can definitely feel the difference. 5 years ago I use to take up to 8 milligrams a day, but that was when I didn't know about ioning. Robinul really helps me though, i'm surprised you don't take it regularly. The main draw back is it makes me tired.

Botox- Yes I did maybe 3 or 4 sessions in total. I stopped now though because it's less effective and not worth the money for me (the botox itself is such an expensive drug!) It's about a thousand per foot! By the way, I use a fabulous doc that does the botox with ABSOLUTELY NO PAIN and he covers almost EVERYWHERE. He uses something called a beer-blocker which numbs your entire head by injecting numbing stuff in your hand (he is an anesthesiologist so he knows what he's doing.) Anyways, if you need his contact I'd be happy to give it to you and anyone else who's interested.

Did any of this info help you? Oh by the way, when you said Oxy, do you mean oxy-cotton? Seems a little extreme...

Thanks for chatting!

Jezza

I don't know what oxy-cotton is...so no, I meant oxybutynin, it's an anticholinergic like robinul, but it has some drawbacks, like crossing the blood/brain barrier...It's 'safe' to use apperently but usually only prescribed to old people so since I'd be looking at decades of using it I'd rather not take unnecessary risks.

I had botox injections (in the end) with ice cubes which worked surprisingly well too and minimizes the bleeding because the cold stops blood from flowing to your palms/feet. The guy who did them specialized in HH and botox, but either way I don't believe they are the answer for me.

I have a new theory about possible medication that alledgedly lowers sympathetic tone (rilmenidine/moxonidine). I've already sent an email to my doc about it but haven't got a response yet, so I don't know if it's useless or not...

Very interesting! :eek:

So where did you find out about this new medication and why do you think it might work better than Robinul. Did you read about it somewhere?

Jezza

I've read about this meds in a study about inhibiting sympathetic activity in humans. An overactive sympathetic nervous system is often said to be the cause of HH, so I figured that a med that lowers this activity might be helpful. The study was not directly linked to HH though, which could be a problem if it turns out not to inhibit HH because although this is regulated by the SNS, it's regulated by acetylcholine.

It's kind of a detailed story and I don't even know if you could even take them safely, so I'll discuss it with my doc first. Like I said for now it's just an idea of someone with HH, nothing more, unfortunately.

You can find things online about the relationship between the sympathetic nervous system=orthosympathetic nervous system and HH, and the orthosympathetic nervous system vs the parasympathetic nervous system. It's intersting to read about it...

teandtoast

hi
1) ive just had the ultrasonic or vaser treatment done for underarm hh and its not worked...ive had it done twice and both times didnt work...im gona be looking to get my money back (all £2500 of it :roll: )
so i wouldnt recommend
it cant be done for anything other then underarm hh anyway

2) as far as i am aware curretage or lipo surgery (or both together) can only be done for underarm hh ...so for the type of hh u suffer from you cant have it done ...for underarm hh it is meant to be very successful and is the type of surgery i am now going to look at getting done for my underarm hh

3) i wouldnt even bother with any books or anything
most the info on hh and any techniques etc are gona be on forums like this (this forum being the best on the net Id say) where there are alot of hh sufferers who can share their experiences and knowledge
books/webpages etc u have to pay for arent gona have anything new in them